UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

God Is Here - Now!

Gaius Octavius

Only one of them was nailed to anything. Osirus was chopped up. I don't know much about Dionysius or Bacchus but I would have remembered if they were crucified.

On greater scrutiny, Osiris may be doubtful... but Dionysus and Bacchus were DEFINITELY nailed to bits of wood! In fact, the first 'crucifixes', dated to the 2nd century, were of Bacchus. Mind you, the guy looks like he's downed a flagon or three in his time...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Osiris was created in the middle stages of Egyptian life they did not have crucifixion then. At that time, Rome was just a bunch of tribes with Greece somewhat looming I think.

So, :mummy: , why didn't the 'sand people' conquer Rome?

How many lictors do I get? I need quite a few.

:ph34r:

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Only one of them was nailed to anything. Osirus was chopped up. I don't know much about Dionysius or Bacchus but I would have remembered if they were crucified.

On greater scrutiny, Osiris may be doubtful... but Dionysus and Bacchus were DEFINITELY nailed to bits of wood! In fact, the first 'crucifixes', dated to the 2nd century, were of Bacchus. Mind you, the guy looks like he's downed a flagon or three in his time...

Poor bloody Bacchus! After suffering the torments of yearly consumption by his maenads, they then go and crucify him too??? Now that's what I call a martyr! :ph34r:

So, :mummy: , why didn't the 'sand people' conquer Rome?

Conquer Rome GO? Greece did not even exist then. :frusty:

Egypt was known to accuraltely depict lands beyond its border they just did not want to conquer much land because that was not their kind of society. I think they farthest they got was conquering Nubia and Southern Assyria.

Anyways, I bet this guy is still laughing all the way to the bank.

Edited by Rameses the Great

I've turned water into beer several times! All you need is a bit of yeast, some hops to sprinkle in - add a bit of malt, and hey presto! Now, go and build me a church, you lot!

I can also turn wine, beer and spirits into water!!!

Now, go and build me a church, you lot!

I can also turn wine, beer and spirits into water!!!

Yeah, sure, and then you'll pass it on Scotland. :)

You'll get your church as long as I get half the loot from the turkeys. :) Can you cure the SFB syndrome? :huh:

:)