UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

DNA clue to presidential puzzle

I'm haplogroup H maternally and haplogroup R1b paternally

Moon, that is what I should be. I agree that H is pretty vanilla but R1b is Western Atlantic European. Irish or Iberian? :rolleyes:

My paternal ancestry is fairly interesting. Originates in 16th century France, migrates to England, marries into Scottish, and settles in County Meath Ireland after Cromwell's Irish Campaign, before migrating to America.

Here is the link for The Genographic Project

-&-

Here are the links for Genetic Geneology services: Genbase Systems Genetic Geneology, Oxford Ancestors & Family Tree DNA

Thanks for posting all those links, Pantagathus! (And, thanks, Augusta, for privately PM'ing me the link to the original posting).

Now all we need is some sort of comparative Consumer's Report on all of these various DNA services, to find out which one gives the biggest bang for our bucks.

Nephele, I *think* if you have already been tested, you can have your original sample submitted to NG for a reduced cost to be added into their database.

We were tested by Oxford Ancestors though -- are they affliated in some way with Nat'l Geo? Or are they in competition?

Also, was his 'J' the mtDNA Haplogroup or the Y-chromosome one?

It was the mitochondrial DNA test that we both took. I'm not certain if the lettering system for the haplogroups that Oxford Ancestors uses is the same as that used by Nat'l Geo. Do you know if they are?

-- Nephele