UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Roman Empire Map Quiz

Have a look at this site, it's a map of the empire and you get 26 questions asking you to pinpoint certain places throught-out the Roman world, there's two levels - easy or hard.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/4998/rome.html

It's a bit of fun but educational at the same time.

Have a look at this site, it's a map of the empire and you get 26 questions asking you to pinpoint certain places throught-out the Roman world, there's two levels - easy or hard.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/4998/rome.html

It's a bit of fun but educational at the same time.

Well I was doing OK until it went funny! I know damn well where Sardinia is - but when I clicked on it, it told me I was wrong at first and then kept freezing. In any case, I went on the Easy mode to start with and got 43 out of 45. I'm fine with BC geography. It's modern stuff I'm useless with. I can tell you where Parthia was, but equate it to a modern part of the world and I'm hopeless!

I think you have to be careful not to click on a city if you are after the province it is within.

149/180 first attempt on hard. If it was modern Geography I would likely have aced it. My eastern geography is far better than my western. I ended up guessing alot out there, so my score is a little skewed. I got like 5 points or so on places where I just guessed. All of them in Gaul or on the Rhine frontier.