UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

March Madness

I have become famous for these threads, but I find them fun nonetheless.

Many characterize March for its spring time, spring break, and even St. Patrick's Day. For me its March Madness. From the conference tournaments to the field of 65, there is just something mystical about it.

Whether its Dick Vitales, "OOOOO OOOOO Did you see that he's on fire baby!" Or whether its Daugherty's, "A big slam for the little fella!" It brings hapinees to all.

We all ask ourselves who will make an early exit? What are the upsets to look for? Who's this year's George Mason? When it comes time post upsets, post brackets (if the modes allow it), and have fun. ;) Remember whatever you do don't choose it based on College Gameday. :ph34r:

Another note try to print out the brackets before or after work, we don't need another lapse in the economy. :P

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suck at brackets...mostly because I concentrate on only 2 schools: Texas (Hook'Em) and Cal. Soon my first love, UC Davis, will be party to the festivities...but in a year or so.

I'd love for UT (Hook'Em) to go all the way...it won't happen, but oh well. I just hope someone knocks off Florida.

Phew - I have to say, you've lost me here, Ram. But March means to me, looking very carefully at the Premiership table and working out how many games are left and how many points are needed to claim the title. It also means, on a more prosaic level, spring-cleaning for we wenches. And in England it means bloody awful weather!

BTW: You know I love you, Ram, but that new symbol in your signature terrifies me! What is it exactly?

Phew - I have to say, you've lost me here, Ram. But March means to me, looking very carefully at the Premiership table and working out how many games are left and how many points are needed to claim the title. It also means, on a more prosaic level, spring-cleaning for we wenches. And in England it means bloody awful weather!

BTW: You know I love you, Ram, but that new symbol in your signature terrifies me! What is it exactly?

Unfortunatly Augusta I think the premiership title is now beyond your grasp ( how I hate the scumbags from Manchester ! )

March this year means to me the approach of the big 30 :unsure: , does that mean I'm officially a grown up and have to act all responsible??

March this year means to me the approach of the big 30 :unsure: , does that mean I'm officially a grown up and have to act all responsible??

Age is but a number...act how you feel!

Thanks for the advice Doc :hammer:

Ok, I think I did lose many.

March Madness is what is still right with sports. College basketball athletes showcase why their team is the best. It starts out as a field of 65 (odd number because two teams play for the right of the las spot.) There are four regions, 16 teams in one region. Each seed plays each other. So it would be 1 plays 16 2 plays 15, etc. You go section by section.

bracket2006-second.png

Keep in mind there are 'upsets' in which the lower seed beats the higher seed. It's exciting to watch and you can play and even gambol :unsure: for money by picking who you think will win. This is the most exciting month to most Americans in terms of sports.

I suck at brackets...mostly because I concentrate on only 2 schools: Texas (Hook'Em) and Cal. Soon my first love, UC Davis, will be party to the festivities...but in a year or so.

I'd love for UT (Hook'Em) to go all the way...it won't happen, but oh well. I just hope someone knocks off Florida.

As any Tar Heel worth his or her salt will tell anyone that'll listen, there are only two teams to follow; Carolina (sorry Gamecock's there's only one school everyone knows when they hear that word) and Duke. The first to root for, the second to root against and despise (see my sig).

Edited by Virgil61

As any Tar Heel worth his or her salt will tell anyone that'll listen, there are only two teams to follow; Carolina (sorry Gamecock's there's only one school everyone knows when they hear that word) and Duke. The first to root for, the second to root against and despise (see my sig).

What the...its all about the Big East. Also I think Duke does not deserve a bid in the NCAA tourney, but they'll get in for obvious reasons. :furious: I still like Duke better the UNC.

Edited by Rameses the Great

March this year means to me the approach of the big 30 :furious: , does that mean I'm officially a grown up and have to act all responsible??

Yep. And you can start by removing that offensive photograph from your profile page! Triumvirs, where are you? ;);)