UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Happy Birthday

The Augusta

Nephele leads a troupe of dancing slave girls and musicians to the birthday festivities of the noble Gaius Paulinus Maximus. Laughingly, they push the man of honor down onto his gilded, cushioned couch, tossing garlands over his shoulders and bringing forth golden platters containing small roasted game birds, slices of honeyed melon, and other delicacies.

Finally, with a trumpet fanfare, GPM's gift is brought forth: a chest from Quintus Servilius Caepio's famous gold of Tolosa -- as once requested by G. Paulinus "I'm not a greedy man" Maximus. :P

-- Nephele

Nephele leads a troupe of dancing slave girls and musicians to the birthday festivities of the noble Gaius Paulinus Maximus. Laughingly, they push the man of honor down onto his gilded, cushioned couch, tossing garlands over his shoulders and bringing forth golden platters containing small roasted game birds, slices of honeyed melon, and other delicacies.

Finally, with a trumpet fanfare, GPM's gift is brought forth: a chest from Quintus Servilius Caepio's famous gold of Tolosa -- as once requested by G. Paulinus "I'm not a greedy man" Maximus. :(

-- Nephele

As usual - one of your gorgeous posts, Nephele! But to be honest, he'd appreciate it more if this gift contained 22 workable legs for his football team. Now this is something you won't understand, BUT GPM WILL! :wheelchair:

That one was just between us, GPM! A loving message from your fellow footy fan ;)

And Ram - it's Gaius Paulinus' birthday not the god-consul's. Ye Gods - don't let him encroach everywhere! ;) Or is this part of your cunning plan?

Come on, GPM - we're waiting for you..... :P

Thanks very much everyone for the birthday wishes especially yours Nephele........ now that would be some birthday treat!!.... just one thing, if i throw the dancing girls a gold coin or two , will I get extra's :(:P

And yes, Augusta 22 legs that knew how to kick a ball would come in very handy.... times running out ;)

As for my celebrations, they'll start properly on Thursday morning when I depart for..........Romeparty-smiley-020.gif, my darling wife :wub: has booked a surprise break in Roma and I can't bloody well wait!

EDIT. oh and thanks Ram on behalf of GO ;)

Edited by Gaius Paulinus Maximus

As for my celebrations, they'll start properly on Thursday morning when I depart for..........Romeparty-smiley-020.gif, my darling wife :wub: has booked a surprise break in Roma and I can't bloody well wait!

Now that's what I call a spouse! What a lovely surprise for you, GPM - enjoy the Eternal City - you will fall in love with every brick and stone, I promise you. But let me stress the need for sensible and comfortable footwear! If the missus hasn't been before - no high-heels. Rome is wonderful, but hard on the feet!

We expect lots of pix for the gallery! Have a great time. :P

Thanks very much everyone for the birthday wishes especially yours Nephele........ now that would be some birthday treat!!.... just one thing, if i throw the dancing girls a gold coin or two , will I get extra's ;):P

"Tips" go far with the dancing slave girls. Why do you think I gave you a chest of gold coins for your birthday? That ought to keep you "busy" a loooong time. :(

Have a GREAT time in Rome! What a cool lady love you have, to have given you such a wonderful pressie!

-- Nephele