UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Happy...

Take a look at this. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6526337.stm I howled with laughter when I saw it - shoppers must have been perplexed and confused indeed as they sifted through tinsel, christmas puddings and chestnuts to get at the easter eggs!

Edited by Northern Neil

While being indifferent to the religious aspects of the holiday, it's always been a cultural event for me, topped with family and feasting.

It's also usually a time when Spring is in full bloom, although this year the winter snows have sullied the climate.

Here's another one. viewers of this programme must have been truly puzzled to hear the strains of 'There Is A Green Hill Far Away' accompanied by distant fireworks and the chattering teeth of the congregation! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6494831.stm

Edited by Northern Neil

Tomorrow, after Easter brunch with 4/5 of the immediate family, we'll all meet up at my great aunt's apartment and have Easter dinner...preceded by the traditional sit-down at the local wine bar!

Hey - the Baths are somewhere I can post.... (there's got to be a reason for this..)

Well, Easter Sunday is here, and I am applying the appropriate religious verve in trying to get my PC sorted out! After this, I shall mow my two lawns! Aren't you all just a little bit jealous... :D (But I can make you jealous by saying it is a glorious sunny, warm day here in Mamucium Maius.

I've been out of bed for about 5 hours, now, and it had completely slipped my mind until reading this thread that today is Easter. Now that I've remembered, well... Gee, I dunno. Got any suggestions?

Today I spent watching an entertaining DVD of a British television series called Prehistoric Park, which features a Steve Irwin-like character who goes back in time to "rescue" prehistoric beasts ("Cor! Look at the incisors on that saber tooth! Blimey, she looks angry... Let's get a little closer!") from the brink of extinction. The computer animation is fantastic, making the creatures look incredibly real. And, of course, I'm feeling terribly guilty for not taking advantage of my free time this weekend to knock out the promised book review for Ursus' Principate era focus group. But, hey -- it is a holiday today, after all. Heheh.

-- Nephele