UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Mythological Personality test

Ursus

33% Extroversion, 80% Intuition, 72% Emotiveness, 57% Perceptiveness

I'm Orpheus - but as usual on these things - I can't get the image link to work! Whatever - it's probably quite an accurate description of me.

You are an artist, an aesthete, a sensitive, and someone who has never really let go of that childlike innocence. To you, all of life has a sense of wonder in it, and the story of Orpheus was written about someone just like you.

When the Argo passed the island of the Sirens, Orpheus played a song more beautiful than the Sirens to prevent the crew from becoming enticed. When his wife died, he ventured into the underworld to charm Hades but, in his naivete, he looked back becoming trapped there.

You can capture your unique world view and relate it to others with the skill of a master storyteller. Your sensitivity and creativity make you a treasure to the human race, but your thin-skinned nature and innocence can cause you a lot of disenchantment and pain. What's doubly unfortunate is that, if you try to lose those traits, you never will, and everyone will be able to tell that you're putting up an artificial shell to prevent yourself from being hurt.

Famous people like you: Hemingway, Shakespeare, Mr. Rogers, Melville, Nick Tosches

Stay clear of: Icarus, Hermes, Atlas

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Score: Atlas

100% Extroversion, 53% Intuition, 0% Emotiveness, 28% Perceptiveness

mt1156112322.jpg You totally rock. Even if you don't like Ayn Rand, you're the kind of person she wrote about. You're one of the prime movers. You can think on your feet in a way the imposter Icarus type can only dream of, you can manage people and put them to their best uses, and you don't sit on the sidelines either. You have big ideas, and you can see them all through to fruition. You have a boundless supply of creative energy, and you use it all.

On the downside, you can feel threatened by other people who have ideas, particularly if they're critical of your methods. Your immediate reaction will usually be to discredit them as mush-headed or bleeding-hearts, but they can often be right. You can also be a little egocentric. If people like you could learn to be less immediately reactionary, and listen to the reasons their critics think what they do, the world might be a better place (the ability to do this is the kind of thing that sets Warren Buffett and Bill Gates apart from the Enron executives, for example).

It's true that the world functions because of people like you, but it is important to remember that you are a foundation and catalyst, and that's all. As a manager, you need your engineers and accountants, as an engineer, you need scientists. As a politician, you need advisors. The better of the Atlas types remember this, and by doing this they're more likely to recieve gratitude for their accomplishments. Failure to recognize the contributions of your associates can be your undoing (there are people around you who are highly skilled, and they will be perfectly happy to find someone else to work with if they feel they aren't being treated fairly).

Famous People like you (if you're not evil): Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, FDR, Warren Buffett, JFK

Famous People like you (if you are evil): The Enron Executives, Nixon

You don't need to steer clear of any of the personality types -- you have ways of dealing with all of them. Seek out: Daedalus, The Oracle, Prometheus

I didn't even answer a question before:

You are Zeus! There is no need to take the test because you are the omnipotent father of the gods. You have bulging, rippling muscles; lightning bolts strike from your arse and women scream your name (sometimes at the exact same time).

Weird. :lol:

Actually I was labeled as Atlas...

66% Extroversion, 66% Intuition, 0% Emotiveness, 14% Perceptiveness

I won't repeat the description since GPM already posted it above.

I dont wish to be parochial, but "Judge Judy" ? Who is this person? Similar to Judge Dredd in any way?

I dont wish to be parochial, but "Judge Judy" ? Who is this person? Similar to Judge Dredd in any way?

I think she's a judge or ex judge who has a show on tv a bit along the lines of Jerry Springer, Rikki Lake etc......

Taken from Wikipedia.......

The show features former family court judge Judith Sheindlin, arbitrating small claims cases. Each show is introduced by announcer Jerry Bishop with the statement: You are about to enter the courtroom of Judge Judith Sheindlin. The people are real... the cases are real... the rulings are final. This is Judge Judy.

What do you reckon Pertinax...... Is this the sort of thing you watch??? :lol::lol:

I think she's a judge or ex judge who has a show on tv a bit along the lines of Jerry Springer, Rikki Lake etc......

Taken from Wikipedia.......

The show features former family court judge Judith Sheindlin, arbitrating small claims cases. Each show is introduced by announcer Jerry Bishop with the statement: You are about to enter the courtroom of Judge Judith Sheindlin. The people are real... the cases are real... the rulings are final. This is Judge Judy.

What do you reckon Pertinax...... Is this the sort of thing you watch??? :lol::lol:

Television? I enumerate my viewing : Inspector Morse, Two Fat Ladies and Rome.Thats it for the last 20 years.That might be elitist rather than parochial.

Looks like I'm Orpheus

0% Extroversion, 80% Intuition, 72% Emotiveness, 100% Perceptiveness

You are an artist, an aesthete, a sensitive, and someone who has never really let go of that childlike innocence. To you, all of life has a sense of wonder in it, and the story of Orpheus was written about someone just like you.

When the Argo passed the island of the Sirens, Orpheus played a song more beautiful than the Sirens to prevent the crew from becoming enticed. When his wife died, he ventured into the underworld to charm Hades but, in his naivete, he looked back becoming trapped there.

You can capture your unique world view and relate it to others with the skill of a master storyteller. Your sensitivity and creativity make you a treasure to the human race, but your thin-skinned nature and innocence can cause you a lot of disenchantment and pain. What's doubly unfortunate is that, if you try to lose those traits, you never will, and everyone will be able to tell that you're putting up an artificial shell to prevent yourself from being hurt.

Famous people like you: Hemingway, Shakespeare, Mr. Rogers, Melville, Nick Tosches

Mr. Rogers??? What the heck?

Mr. Rogers, Nick Tosches

You and me both, my esteemed Gaul! I was Orpheus and haven't a damned clue who Mr. Rogers OR Nick Tosches are. However, our Ursus seemed to know the Rogers bit, as he made a cryptic comment.

Care to enlighten the Gaulish King and I, Ursus?

BTW: Thank god someone else is an Orpheus. We're such sweet souls, Vercy. :lol: And we're in such good company: Shakespeare, Hemingway, Melville.

Edited by The Augusta

Mr. Rogers, Nick Tosches

You and me both, my esteemed Gaul! I was Orpheus and haven't a damned clue who Mr. Rogers...

Mr. Rogers was a U.S. children's television show host from the '60's through (I think) the '90s. Maybe longer, although he's dead now.

Gentle imperturbability was Mr. Rogers' trademark.

-- Nephele

Mr. Rogers, Nick Tosches

You and me both, my esteemed Gaul! I was Orpheus and haven't a damned clue who Mr. Rogers OR Nick Tosches are. However, our Ursus seemed to know the Rogers bit, as he made a cryptic comment.

Care to enlighten the Gaulish King and I, Ursus?

BTW: Thank god someone else is an Orpheus. We're such sweet souls, Vercy. :lol: And we're in such good company: Shakespeare, Hemingway, Melville.

We are indeed in good company, fair Augusta...

I hate to admit it, but I grew up watching Mr. Rogers....I just couldn't believe that he was thrown in with we two....now for Nick Tosches, I haven't a clue :lol: .

Edited by Vercingetorix

Nick Tosches, courtesy of Wiki.......

Nick Tosches (born 1949) is an American writer, music journalist, novelist, biographer and poet.

After different jobs, he started writing with music magazines, including Creem and Fusion.

His first book, Hellfire, published in 1982, a biography of Jerry Lee Lewis established him as a significant writer on the music scene. His subsequent biographies have covered the lives of Dean Martin, Michele Sindona, Sonny Liston, Emmett Miller (one of the last minstrel singers), and Arnold Rothstein (the man who allegedly fixed the 1919 World Series and partially inspired the character Hyman Roth in The Godfather Part II).

He has also published a collection of poetry, Chaldea, and the novels: Cut Numbers, Trinities and In the Hand of Dante. The latter is considered, by the author himself, to be his finest work. He has been published in Vanity Fair and Esquire.

His writings have been collected in The Nick Tosches Reader.

He is also a contributing editor at Vanity Fair.

Sounds like a pretty decent bloke!

Edited by Gaius Paulinus Maximus

• 5 months later...

What a fun quiz....*lol*

You are Pan. You're an extremely creative and fun-loving individual. You have a predisposition to acting and performing, and you enjoy it. You're very outgoing, and you are genuinely interested in other people. You probably have a pet parakeet, play an instrument, write poetry, tell jokes, love parties, have lots of friends, remember people, names and faces, paint, and have a righteous social conscious.

You're very good natured, but can be naive and exploited by less good natured people. You're mischevious, but in a usually harmless way. You don't have much use for structure and routine, and your appetite for sensation and immediate gratification can cloud your judgement regarding the future consequences of your actions. You like to improvise more than you like to plan.

You look on the bright side of life. Even though you're highly optimistic, you can be predisposed to bouts of angst when presented with negative possibilities or outcomes. In combating dire circumstances, you can become dismissive and resort to over-simplifications of the situation. Although most people love to be around you, the more analytical types (Atlas, The Oracle, Prometheus, and Hermes) will take issue with what they perceive to be your lack of foresight. The main drawback to this is that they will become rigid and stubborn in conflict, and you will take this personally, becoming stubborn and inflexible yourself.

Regardless, you have a capacity for connection with other people that is unheard of in the other personality types. Your main strenghts are your flexibility and artistic and sympathetic abilities.

Famous people like you: Franz Joseph Haydn, Dr. Suess, Bill Cosby, Sandra Bullock, Oscar Wilde

Similar Personality Types: Orpheus, Aphrodite, Dionysus

Stay clear of: Atlas, Hermes, Prometheus, The Oracle

My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 71% on Extroversion

You scored higher than 16% on Intuition

You scored higher than 61% on Emotiveness

You scored higher than 27% on Perceptiveness