UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Mythological Personality test

Ursus

0% Extroversion, 80% Intuition, 0% Emotiveness, 4% Perceptiveness

mt1156109739.jpg

You are most like Prometheus, and you probably knew that before you even took this test. You probably aren't deliberately altruistic, but you still tend to do things that benefit everyone, even at great expense to your health and personal relationships. You aren't ruled by your emotions, but you still have a strong sense of justice. You make good descisions, but they can sometimes backfire (and this isn't due to a flaw in your reasoning, but due to faulty premises instead).

You are very reasonable, you understand systems, you can quickly pinpoint flaws and you know how to correct them. You pride understanding and knowledge above everything else, and your greatest fear is to appear to be incompetent. You tend to be contemptuous of authority, but you don't accept leadership roles yourself until everyone else has demonstrated their own incompetence.

You've built a very specific skill set. You know exactly where your strengths and weaknesses are, and you pride yourself on this kind of self-knowledge. You distrust tradition, which you see as arbitrary, and you rely instead on your own judgements. You also pride yourself on your pragmatism. You're also a very private person.

Most of all, people think you're arrogant, but screw them! They're the ones who benefit from your ideas and discoveries, and if they took the time to understand why it is that you say and think the things you do, they'd realize that you only appear arrogant because you are exactingly precise when it comes to your area of specification, and most of all because, when you don't know something, you don't have an opinion about it (unlike most of the loudmouths that you have to deal with on a day-to-day basis).

Relationships are your kryptonite. It isn't that you don't want them -- in fact, you would very much like a very close relationship with someone who understands you. They're just the one thing in the world that you're naturally bad at.

Famous people like you: Niels Bohr, J. Robert Oppenheimer, Werner Heisenberg, Issac Newton, John Maynard Keynes, Erwin Schrodinger

Stay Clear of: Apollo, Icarus, Hermes, Aphrodite

Seek out: Atlas, The Oracle, Daedalus

Greek Mythology Personality Test

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You always find these fun things, Ursus. And... heheh, from what I know of you, I'd say you are definitely Prometheus, according to that personality assessment of you. :)

Okay, here's me, "The Oracle"...

33% Extroversion, 66% Intuition, 27% Emotiveness, 57% Perceptiveness

mt1156121284.gif

Heuristic, detached, and analytical to a fault, you are most like The Oracle. You are able to tackle any subject with a fine toothed comb, and you possess an ability to pinpoint nuances and shades of meaning that other people do not have and cannot understand. Accomplishment and realization of ideas are, for you, secondary to the rigorous exploration of ideas and questions -- you are, first and foremost, a theorist. You hate authority, convention, tradition, and under no circumstances do you accept a leadership role (although, you will gladly advise leadership when they're going astray, whether they want you to or not). Abstraction and generalities are your interests, details and particulars are usually inconsequential and uninteresting. You excel at language, mathematics and philosophy.

You are typically easy-going and non-confrontational until someone violates one of the very few principles that you deem sacred, at which point you can fly into a rage. Although you possess a much greater understanding of process and systems than the people around you, you are always conscious of the possibility that you've missed something or made a mistake. You don't tend to become attached to particular theories, and will immediately discard mistaken notions once they're revealed to be incorrect (but you don't tolerate iconoclasts who try to discredit validated theories through the use of fallacies and bad data). Despite being outwardly humble, you probably think of yourself as being smarter than most other people. That's because you are. In fact, in your dealings with people your understanding of their motives is so expansive that you know what they're going to say before they say it, and in world affairs, you usually know what is going to take place before it actually does. This ability would make you unbeatable in debates if only you were a little less pensive about your own conclusions, and a little more outgoing.

Famous people like you: Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin, Adam Smith, Thomas Jefferson, John McWhorter, Ramanujan, Marie Curie, Kurt Godel

Stay clear of: Apollo, Icarus, Hermes, Aphrodite

Seek out: Atlas, Prometheus, Daedalus

-- Nephele

Edited by Nephele

I already know how my result. :)

Moonlapse, you cheater! Take the test! :lol:

-- Nephele

EDIT: Okay, Moonlapse. I'm guessing you're Daedalus:

66% Extroversion, 53% Intuition, 0% Emotiveness, 57% Perceptiveness

mt1156114284.jpg

You are most like Daedalus. You are extremely clever and inventive, but your methods can be very unorthodox. When faced with a setback, you're more likely to try to defeat it with sheer determination, rather than finesse. You're argumentative, but don't tend to take debate personally (actually, it's fun for you, and most people don't understand that). Regardless, you are a wellspring of mechanical ingenuity, and would make a fantastic engineer or inventor.

You can be extremely loyal in relationships and freindships, and you're extremely professional. You're also pretty grumpy.

Famous people like you: Thomas Edison, James A. Garfield, Walt Disney, Benjamin Franklin

Steer Clear of: Hermes, Apollo, Icarus, Aphrodite

Seek out: Atlas, The Oracle, Prometheus

Am I right? Sure sounds like you, to me. ;)

-- Nephele

Edited by Nephele

66% Extroversion, 66% Intuition, 72% Emotiveness, 4% Perceptiveness

You are most like Apollo. You are charismatic, and you act as a teacher and a pedagogue in most circumstances (this teaching instinct is reflected in myth by Apollo's slaying of The Oracle's Python). You have the unique ability to take on a great deal of responsibility, but can often take on too much, even for you. You have a genuine interest in humanity.

Although typically loved by everyone, you are very likely to find yourself at odds with the Prometheus personality and The Oracle personality. They tend to see you as someone of great talent, but they feel that you're wasting that talent whenever you exercise your people-pleasing side, and they'll interpret your flexibility as being lacking in opinions. In reality, you have your opinions, and you can state them clearly as long as you don't regard them as being too personal -- it's just that you tend to put the needs of others ahead of your own opinions.

At your worst, you can be manipulative and very hurt by criticism (which The Oracle and Prometheus will be only too happy to dole out to you). Atlas probably doesn't like you either, but he'll keep it to himself.

Famous people like you: Abraham Lincoln, Gene Hackman, Dennis Hopper, Mikhail Gorbachev

Stay clear of: The Oracle, Prometheus, Dionysus, Captain Kirk

Similar Personalities: Aphrodite, Pan, Odysseus

My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

free online dating free online dating

You scored higher than 99% on Extroversion

You scored higher than 99% on Intuition

You scored higher than 99% on Emotiveness

You scored higher than 99% on Perceptiveness

Edited by docoflove1974

"You are most like Hermes" Yeeha!

"You have a very keen intellect, are interested in the facts and the truth, but you don't have the antiauthoritarian streak of The Oracle or Prometheus. You are most like Hermes. You are dependable to a fault, and you can develop feirce institutional loyalties. You can seem outwardly cold, and very calculating, and any display of emotion is extremely taxing for you. You are, above all else, dutiful, punctual, and reliable.

More rebellious types will see you as a toadie and a stiff, but they're unreliable iconoclasts anyway. You are very pragmatic, and you aren't easily distracted from the task at hand. You can be counted on to do your job without being hampered by personal interests. You are extremely traditional, and are most likely to use "We've always done it this way" and "Those are the rules" as justifications for hanging on to the status quo. Most of the other personality types will have a difficult time relating to you, but will work something out. Prometheus and The Oracle freaking hate your uncritical position regarding established rules and procedures, and they'll let you know it. You'll get along well with Atlas and Apollo if they're your boss. You'll probably get along with Icarus, too.

Famous people like you: Judge Judy, Andrew Johnson, Herbert Hoover, Harry Truman, George H.W. Bush, Ronald Reagan

Stay clear of: The Oracle, Prometheus, Dionysus, Pan, Orpheus, Aphrodite

Similar Personality Types: Atlas, Icarus, Apollo, Nemesis"

I like those people? My scores were zero, 13, 44 , 33....not very extrovert then.

This test is merely trying to find rough mythological equivalents to the 16 MBTI types. Prometheus = INTJ, Oracle - INTP, etc.

The only suprise so far is Pertinax ... I thought he would be an Oracle too. (And the description of Hermes is off. He is not traditional and conforming. He did, afterall, steal Apollo's cattle as a newborn babe).

This test is merely trying to find rough mythological equivalents to the 16 MBTI types. Prometheus = INTJ, Oracle - INTP, etc.

Ah, of course. I always seem to come out as INTP in the Myers-Briggs test, so I can see why I'm Oracle in this one.

The only suprise so far is Pertinax ... I thought he would be an Oracle too. (And the description of Hermes is off. He is not traditional and conforming. He did, afterall, steal Apollo's cattle as a newborn babe).

I was surprised by that description of Hermes, too. I always thought of him as a trickster god, like Loki. Which made Hermes one of my favorites.

-- Nephele

The MBTI is a BS time-waster for corporate quacks, but at least this test has pretty pictures and amusing questions. My score:

66% Extroversion, 100% Intuition, 0% Emotiveness, 57% Perceptiveness

mt1156114284.jpg

You are most like Daedalus. You are extremely clever and inventive, but your methods can be very unorthodox. When faced with a setback, you're more likely to try to defeat it with sheer determination, rather than finesse. You're argumentative, but don't tend to take debate personally (actually, it's fun for you, and most people don't understand that). Regardless, you are a wellspring of mechanical ingenuity, and would make a fantastic engineer or inventor.

You can be extremely loyal in relationships and friendships, and you're extremely professional. You're also pretty grumpy.

Famous people like you: Thomas Edison, James A. Garfield, Walt Disney, Benjamin Franklin

Steer Clear of: Hermes, Apollo, Icarus, Aphrodite

Seek out: Atlas, The Oracle, Prometheus

mt1156134003.jpg

Changing your shape to suit your situation, you are most like Proteus. More than anything else, you need to be wanted. You have a very strong work ethic, and are very adaptable, but are often unappreciated. You develop very strong personal loyalties, and will often maintain these personal relationships at a great expense to yourself. Convention and conformity are very important to you, and you find deviations from either to be very inappropriate. You tend not to burden those around you with your own problems.

Famous people like you: Mother Theresa, Jimmy Carter

My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 20% on Extroversion

You scored higher than 0% on Intuition

You scored higher than 45% on Emotiveness

You scored higher than 0% on Perceptiveness

Not very far from the truth I guess.

I was surprised myself, I thought I would be twinned with Ursus and Moon. Perhaps I was too facetious in answering.Mercurius as conforming...ha ha

I was surprised by that description of Hermes, too. I always thought of him as a trickster god, like Loki. Which made Hermes one of my favorites.

-- Nephele

Me, too. I always described Hermes as the 'royal pain in the ass'...very necessary and useful, but constantly trying to keep himself entertained. Perhahps even a bit ADD. ;)