UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Pinacotheca

ASCLEPIADES

Messalina? Atia? Servilla? Vipsania? Sophia? Nephele? Postumus? Constantine? :angry:

:(

GO - you can't have that many goes!!! :)

I know this from somewhere. But let's narrow it down properly, men! For a start the portrait is almost certainly late Republican/early Principate - due to the gap on top of the head where the roll should be in the traditional 'nodus' hairstyle. You - see - let's apply some logic here.... ;) Also - the portrait does not seem to have holes for shoulder locks, so it's probably Republican. (Producers of 'Rome' and its silly, wrong period hairstyles, take note!). It could be an early Octavia with its nose squashed.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO - you can't have that many goes!!! :)

I know this from somewhere. But let's narrow it down properly, men! For a start the portrait is almost certainly late Republican/early Principate - due to the gap on top of the head where the roll should be in the traditional 'nodus' hairstyle. You - see - let's apply some logic here.... ;) Also - the portrait does not seem to have holes for shoulder locks, so it's probably Republican. (Producers of 'Rome' and its silly, wrong period hairstyles, take note!). It could be an early Octavia with its nose squashed.

Look, you smarty pants intellectual and Tattletale, I got it right, didn't I? As Pater Arcanae, I have lots of prerogatives! :angry: Eat your heart out! ;)

It's the first one I've gotten right, and the likes of you comes down on the god-Consul like maggots on a wound.

O.K., so I am plotzed now, and couldn't put a pic up sober anyway, so, YOU or Ingsoc goes next. Who ever gets in first.

I still LOVE you.

:(

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Actually, I PM'd him the answer.

Actually, I PM'd him the answer.

I am not surprised to hear this, G-Man. The God Consul is a wonderful man, but applying intellectual techniques to the solving of problems is not his strong point! :furious:

And by the way, Gaius - you know I love you too! And please sober up and post a nice picture for me to sharpen my intellectual nails on. :ph34r: Failing that, perhaps our Ingsoc could bring some decorum back into the proceedings.

G-Man - now you know for sure that you have joined the asylum.

Edited by The Augusta

There's something missing from that picture but I just can't put my finger on it?? :huh:

I can see the veg but where's the meat?? :no2:

Edited by Gaius Paulinus Maximus

I see Gaul,

aka France,

I sure wish this guy,

had on some pants.

:huh:

(PS - I'll keep it 'all in the family' with Asclepiades and go with Domitian)