UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Gods and Heroes...

Primus Pilus

A MMORPG (massive multiplayer online roleplaying game) set in ancient Rome with mythological flavor. Even if its not necessarily historical, there may be some who this game will appeal to. Personally, I like MMO's but they are horribly time consuming and hardly productive, but they can be fun if you don't get caught up in the "grind".

From the publisher...

Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising (G&H) is a unique massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) that plunges players into an epic struggle between the Olympian gods and the Telchines, a most nefarious and ancient enemy. After choosing from six historically accurate character classes, including the Soldiers, Gladiators, and Mystics that populated the early Roman Republic, players must align themselves with one of the mighty Olympian gods, such as Jupiter, Mars, or Minerva. Featuring the most fast-paced, visceral combat experience ever created for an MMORPG, G&H gives players the chance to square off against Rome

Whoa, impressive graphics! I especially like the fact that the "Heroes" section gives a choice of female roles for Scout, Priest, Nomad, Mystic, Soldier, and Gladiator. (I think the female gladiators look the foxiest.)

-- Nephele

It's certainly looking impressive but by Mars I will never, ever again set foot in a MMORPG.

Gods know that they can ruin the life of anyone.

Gods know that they can ruin the life of anyone.

LOL, sad but true. What seems nice about Gods and Heroes is that it appears to be solo player friendly. Being able to log in, hack and slash for a little while and leave at your own convenience. Not being reliant upon other players to have fun would alleviate the time crunch concerns for me.