UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

I Object!

Centurion89

I, a Slave of the Roman Empire object to this law called De ea re ita censuerant.

This says we may not discuss the Mongols and Huns so forth, stuff form Asia. But, i'm pretty sure that the Romans battled the Huns. Just saying, don't know exactly if the Huns DO apply but if they do, thats not true, they did do battle with the Romans. But i'll probably be flogged for my inscolence.

It seems to me that rule was put in place because of endless "What would have happened if the Roman Legions had fought Ghengis Khan" type threads (or even worse, the ever so memorable "Roman legions vs. the Aztecs" :)). These threads appeared constantly a few months ago and while they were amusing at first, it quickly got out of hand, lol. I'm pretty sure a bunch of them are still in Tartarus somewhere.

I don't think anyone would object to discussion of an actual historical battle between the Romans and the Huns...do correct me if I'm wrong.

It seems to me that rule was put in place because of endless "What would have happened if the Roman Legions had fought Ghengis Khan" type threads (or even worse, the ever so memorable "Roman legions vs. the Aztecs" :)). These threads appeared constantly a few months ago and while they were amusing at first, it quickly got out of hand, lol. I'm pretty sure a bunch of them are still in Tartarus somewhere.

I don't think anyone would object to discussion of an actual historical battle between the Romans and the Huns...do correct me if I'm wrong.

Salve, Amici!

In fact, there a are a couple of recent related threads that anyone interested enough can reactivate ...

(and a dozen or more older where you can also go, BTW):

Here's the last one,

and here's another.

Cheers and good luck!

Objection overruled!

I always wanted to say that!

Huns are OK, mongols are OK.

If it does not have connection with Rome the topic goes to the History in Universum folder. Only ipothetic stuff goes to Arena where it's OK.

So, a topic about Atilla it's welcomed, one about the relations between the mongols and Byzantium it's great, if it brings new data for what it's already there, but a "what if Ginghis fought Caesar" goes to Arena where it can continue, while "mongol invasion of China" goes to the folder for general history.

It makes perfect sense to me.

I hope...

Objection overruled!

I always wanted to say that!

Huns are OK, mongols are OK.

If it does not have connection with Rome the topic goes to the History in Universum folder. Only ipothetic stuff goes to Arena where it's OK.

So, a topic about Atilla it's welcomed, one about the relations between the mongols and Byzantium it's great, if it brings new data for what it's already there, but a "what if Ginghis fought Caesar" goes to Arena where it can continue, while "mongol invasion of China" goes to the folder for general history.

It makes perfect sense to me.

I hope...

Yeah, but what if Caesar fought DITKA!!!?

As Kosmo suggests, discussion of real possibilities is acceptable. The hypothetical China vs. Rome threads were tedious at best and drew a certain nationalistic bias that was completely unprovable anyway.

Yes, but still the romans would have pwnd them. :)

Yeah, but what if Caesar fought DITKA!!!?

*puts on Chris Farley/Chicago hat*oooooookeeeeeeeeay. Well, dis here is a tough one, as JC was a heckuva gen'ral...but it's Ditka...so I think it'll be a close one. Ditka 5007, JC 100. I think da Roman Army could pull off a minor rush of action, but overall....DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BEARRSSSSSS *takes off hat*

*puts on Chris Farley/Chicago hat*oooooookeeeeeeeeay. Well, dis here is a tough one, as JC was a heckuva gen'ral...but it's Ditka...so I think it'll be a close one. Ditka 5007, JC 100. I think da Roman Army could pull off a minor rush of action, but overall....DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BEARRSSSSSS *takes off hat*

I tink it would all depend on whether Ditka was normal sized or miniature. If he's miniature, then Caesar MIGHT have a chance. If he's normal sized? Da Bears!