UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

The Augusta.

Gaius Octavius

I firmly believe that The Augusta deserves a special title - and I am unanimous in this. Something like 'Dominatrix' 'or 'Amoratrix'. This is a democracy ( :lightbulb: ), so let's hear suggestions from you lot. I shall be very severe with those of you who don't respond.

:D

Dominatrix? Does she have a bullwhip and stiletto heels? :D

Seriously, "The Augusta" is a title itself, carrying dignity and merit. And, inarguably, our Augusta wears it very well.

But if I had to pick out something additional, I'd probably choose: "Manchester Maven."

For those who don't know what "maven" means, it's Yiddish for: "an expert; a really knowledgeable person; a good judge of quality; a connoisseur."

-- Nephele

Seriously, "The Augusta" is a title itself, carrying dignity and merit. And, inarguably, our Augusta wears it very well.

In that case, I vote for "Res ipsa loquitur" ... it speaks for itself.

How would one say in Latin "She who throws rocks" or "Whistle blower" ;)

I mean a title like your Domina Nomina! :ph34r:

:ph34r:

Salve, GO.

Something like Mamucium Maius, for example?

You know very well that I have absolutely no idea what that means! :angry:

:ph34r:

It's where Lady A comes from; please check her profile.

It is indeed where I come from Asc - 'Greater Manchester' - although I use it with some degree of irony. I am a Cheshire lass through and through, but they have now taken me out of the county of my birth and put me into an administrative expression. Unfortunately, however, I now live in a Manchester postcode. Is there no end to my troubles....? :lol: (You probably have to be from Cheshire to understand my angst about this).

As for a title - I am quite happy to remain an aedile. Marcus, my hero, was one of the best, you know.... ;) And if I was designated a goddess (the only title that is fitting) it would give you all such inferiority complexes that I would go insane with guilt ;)

But seriously - thanks for the kind thoughts and words, friends.

Can we sacrifice kittens instead? Afterall, cats have no redeeming value whatsoever.