UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Greetings.

Gaius Octavius

I thought that it would be a nice idea for each of us to greet each other in our different languages, and to tell each other what particular goodies we will consume. As Pater Arcanae, I'll start:

Happy Chanukah (belated); Happy (?) Eid; And a Merry Christmas and Happy & Healthy New Year to all y'all.

Now, in broken Neapolitan: Buon Natale e Buon Capo d' Anno a Tutti.

My Bride has put together stollen, (a German cake), and will make rollaten, (German beef roll ups), lasagne, and struffola, (little flaky dough balls smothered in honey and topped with colored sprinkles). There had better be much more, else the poem 'My Last Duchess' will take effect. :naughty:

Eat well; drink well, and don't forget that both days are Holy Days of Obligation! :lol:

:ph34r:

Frohe Weihnachten und ein gutes neues Jahr!

I will get a very special christmas present form my little sister this year; an ancient roman dish for christmas :naughty:

She actually made an ancient roman cook course a couple of weeks ago in vienna, just for this occasion...

I let you know what it was and how it tastet! :ph34r:

cheers

viggen

In true Bell, Book & Candle style, I shall most likely be spending Christmas as I do every year -- somewhere in NYC that's open Christmas Day. (No Zodiac Club, though, *sigh*).

I'm considering the Angelika Film Center in SoHo, and catching the Dec. 25th opening of Persepolis. With maybe lunch first uptown at O'Neals' (they have a special Christmas menu featuring rack of lamb, mmmm!).

Merry Giftmas, everyone!

-- Nephele

Actually I decided on making a double post just hours before the 24th, may Santa have mercy!

Merry Christmas from Sweden!

gallery_1460_107_369188.jpg

To take account of possible differences in personal beliefs and/or faiths, I would like to add in wishing one and all of you all the best of the season.

As the Scots would say 'Here's hoping for a Happy and Prosperous New Year' and 'Lang may yer Lum reek' (translation - 'may the your chimney smoke for a long time'; therefore a wish for a long life) .

Melvadius

Frohe Weihnachten und ein gutes neues Jahr!

I will get a very special christmas present form my little sister this year; an ancient roman dish for christmas :P

She actually made an ancient roman cook course a couple of weeks ago in vienna, just for this occasion...

I let you know what it was and how it tastet! :)

cheers

viggen

I hope that you are going to tell us what the Roman dish was. I am sure that it will be of extra special interest to My Lord Pertinax.

My 'extra special' was cotenelle. Rolled up pig skin with pine nuts, minced garlic, chopped parsley, and grated parmesan cheese within the roll; browned and cooked in the tomato sauce. Extra delicious!

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Craciun fericit si la multi ani!!!

For me the main course was red wine - Pinot Noir from Murfaltlar vinyards.

Oh!, just great! As if I know what you are babbling about. What goodies did you stuff down your gullet that had to be washed down by that vino?

The Klingon's stuff is making me drool. I haven't had that stuff since I baby sat the Danish Consul's home. Going to get it at Fairway next year. Viggen had better chime in, lest I treat him severely.

Don Tomato

:)

Happy Festivities to one and all - belated though it may be. Our house is so full of booze that we can barely move. As for the food - we did not go for the traditional turkey this year, but tucked into a deliciously tender duck stuffed full of apricots and cranberries - all served with the traditional veggies of parsnips, carrots, broccoli, and sprouts with roast chestnuts; topped off with roast potatoes. However, despite all this English stuff, I did insist we began with prosciutto e melone, and we had a particularly nice Chateau Neuf, so Europe (at least Gaul and Italia) were represented on the table.

I hope everyone had a great holiday. I shall soon be back in harness after hectic weeks...but just for tonight, it's back to the PlayStation 3.....!