UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Have you guys ever looked into having RSS news feeds available for your site? I think an RSS feed for new articles and also The Forum would be great.

Here is Wikipedia's explanation ... click.

Basically, it allows somebody to have a summary of the latest articles or msg board topics directly on their homepage (such as My Yahoo!, etc.)

For example, here is part of a screen capture of my home page showing an RSS feed's from a football site I go to, ProFootballTalk.com, as well as a local news website:

rsspp9.png

So if you had an UNRV RSS feed, it would show the 5 most recent UNRV articles or maybe the 5 most recent message board topics.

Isn't there something somewhere on the blog page(?) about RSS Feeds and syndication?

And you understand anything from this "RSS feed"? It looks less redeable then the roman cursive...

Isn't there something somewhere on the blog page(?) about RSS Feeds and syndication?

Yes. Same thing. But I think setting up an RSS feed for the articles that are written (or new message board topics) would be very, very cool.

http://www.unrv.com/b2rss2.php

There used to be a link but I removed the graphic to optimize the front page a bit. (We're pushing the limits of shared hosting)

Cool! Thanks, ML ... I added it to my MY Yahoo! page.