UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Euro 2008

Viggen

Everyone here is still bitter for the Euro 2000 final with France :(

My chosen avatar for the duration of the Championships will show you that I too am one of the tifosi, Silentum. And, yes, bitterness still abounds about 2000 and that damned Golden Goal. However, it's not quite as bad as the bitterness of the 2002 Mondiale and South Korea! I will never, ever, forgive them, or that damned referee!

I think that now Canna has been lost to injury, we have something to fight for, and I can see us winning this. Before Fabio's injury my money would have been on Germany, to be honest.

Beh - speremo.... FORZA AZZURRI

Haha, nice =). You're right about the 2002 mondiale, If you REALLY want to annoy an Italian all you have to say is "arbitro Moreno" XD.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone here is still bitter for the Euro 2000 final with France :(

My chosen avatar for the duration of the Championships will show you that I too am one of the tifosi, Silentum. And, yes, bitterness still abounds about 2000 and that damned Golden Goal. However, it's not quite as bad as the bitterness of the 2002 Mondiale and South Korea! I will never, ever, forgive them, or that damned referee!

I think that now Canna has been lost to injury, we have something to fight for, and I can see us winning this. Before Fabio's injury my money would have been on Germany, to be honest.

Beh - speremo.... FORZA AZZURRI

Haha, nice =). You're right about the 2002 mondiale, If you REALLY want to annoy an Italian all you have to say is "arbitro Moreno" XD.

Or you could refer to the 2004 Euro - "Due due Nordic victory" :-) [sweden and Denmark did what had to be done to qualify in the last game, at the expense of the italians]

Or you could refer to the 2004 Euro - "Due due Nordic victory" :-) [sweden and Denmark did what had to be done to qualify in the last game, at the expense of the italians]

Hehe - Cheeky! :( Yes, it did have a whiff about it, but to be honest, I don't bother too much about all that because during 2004 Italy played rubbish, so it was only a matter of time before they got knocked out. Why 2002 hurts so much is that Italy actually played decent attacking football and had no fewer than five perfectly good goals disallowed for offside in three consecutive games. Now, OK - once is normal - twice, maybe unlucky - but FIVE??? But there was a lot going on in that tournament which has since been exposed.

But anyway - good luck to the Swedes, Nagelfar. No grudges about that one at all.

However, it's not quite as bad as the bitterness of the 2002 Mondiale and South Korea! I will never, ever, forgive them, or that damned referee!

Oh I remember that. We were driving around Lazio with a poster of the Korean squad on our rear window.

It was magnificent. :(

Actually, I've supported Italy in Internationals since the 1970 World Cup and I have to say it will be a joy to have a tournament without the hype from the English Press about the Three Lions. However, I am going to make a tally chart for how many times England are going to be mentioned on British TV in a tournament they're not even playing! ;) It started already last week when Sky interviewed Liverpool's Kuyt. 'What do you think about there being no England in this tournament, Dirk?' By all the gods! Dirk had to be sweet about it, but he probably really wanted to say: 'I'm Dutch - do you think I give a toss?'

The english go over the top with their team that usually it's not worth the excesive hype. The last time that they played something nice Maradona's hand-of-god interfered (oh, how I hated him for that! But his fall from grace made me realise what a brilliant player he was). Gary Lineker was a different breed from the likes of Beckham and Owen. He played the ball not the media. Liverpool and Everton of the early 80's..."Come on reds" still gives me a thrill.

My feelings towards the italians (french and dutch also) are at a low point now. Anyway, I still like more Italy over France as I can not forget the World Cup that the french hosted ...

Italians trashed the romanians some years ago in a very unpolite manner but I hope our team will show now some tactical brains for the first time in history instead of relying on natural gifts that seem to be absent today.

Romania does better with the best South American teams while against europeans, even boring teams like Sweden in 1994 :( , they don't seem to know what to do with the ball.

However, it's not quite as bad as the bitterness of the 2002 Mondiale and South Korea! I will never, ever, forgive them, or that damned referee!

Oh I remember that. We were driving around Lazio with a poster of the Korean squad on our rear window.

You were a very, very, very, very brave man, Mal. Still, I bet you had a fast car ;)

... in the best 'British' tradition I'll be supporting the team that's least likely to win!!

Are San Marino in the finals this year?? :(

The San Marino of the Euro 2008 would be Austria, so thank`s for your support! ;)

Naah, in that case Italy really deserved to be kicked out, as the Augusta said =)

You were a very, very, very, very brave man, Mal. Still, I bet you had a fast car ;)

Hahaha :D I think so too.

... in the best 'British' tradition I'll be supporting the team that's least likely to win!!

Are San Marino in the finals this year?? :(

The San Marino of the Euro 2008 would be Austria, so thank`s for your support! :D

You're on!!

Come on Austria ......!! ;)

Well, boys and girls - only two hours to go before we kick off with Switzerland and the Czech Republic. I'm expecting some nice football from the Czechs, and of course they have the second best goalkeeper in the world :(

Of course, the number one goalkeeper in the world will no doubt be captaining the Italian side!

Can't wait now. Bring it all on.

Romania does better with the best South American teams while against europeans, even boring teams like Sweden in 1994 ;) , they don't seem to know what to do with the ball.

That's too bad for me as I have been allotted Romania as my team in the

Edited by WotWotius

oh boy, we just lost against Croatia 0:1 ;)

The game started as terrible as any game can start, after 3 minutes a (correct) penalty and Croatia leads by one goal, then 25 minutes of pressure from the Croatians, but with little opportunities. Then the last 10 minutes Austria gains a bit of momentum and it is an equal game. Then the second half, i swear i could not see the Croatians being more then 5 minutes in our half, it was a wonderful game by the austrians with plenty of chances, but oh well, the goal didn

oh boy, we just lost against Croatia 0:1 :)

The game started as terrible as any game can start, after 3 minutes a (correct) penalty and Croatia leads by one goal, then 25 minutes of pressure from the Croatians, but with little opportunities. Then the last 10 minutes Austria gains a bit of momentum and it is an equal game. Then the second half, i swear i could not see the Croatians being more then 5 minutes in our half, it was a wonderful game by the austrians with plenty of chances, but oh well, the goal didn