UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Technical help please!!

Anybody clued up and up to speed with iTunes??

As some of you may know, a few months back my computer decided to blow up on me taking everything I had on it with it, files, photo's, music etc......

I've finally just got round to setting my iTunes up again which wasn't a problem until I tried to put all the music that I have on my iPod back into my iTunes library, it just won't let me do it, When I try, a screen comes up saying .......

"The iPod is synced with another iTunes library. An iPod can be synced with only one iTunes library at a time. What would you like to do?

1. "Erase and Sync" replaces the contents of this iPod with the contents of this Itunes library.

Which is no good because there's nothing in library to start with.

2. "Transfer Purchases" copies iTunes store purchase this computer is authorized to play from this iPod to this itunes library.

This I've tried but the majority of the music I've put on has been from my own personal CD's and it won't transfer them across.

The thing I can't get my head round is how can I sync my iPod with this new library if I can't un-sync it first with the old one which is floating around somewhere in cyberspace??? It won't even let me transfer the albums I've recently bought from the iStore to the iPod because it's not bloody synced!!!

Am I being a bit thick here and missing something completely obvious?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gods! It's surely a good think that I have never used iTunes. I hope that you can solve your problem GPM!

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?...9413623#9413623 does that adress your issue, if not i think there you are in good hands...

cheers

viggen

Thanks a lot for this Vig. It's been a great help.

I've near enough got all my music back into my iTunes now, it's a bit of a farce doing it, god knows why Apple wont let you do it direct, it would make things much easier, instead I've had to download some other software, copy my iPod to that and then from that copy my music to my computer and then from my computer to my iPod library :wine::blink::wine:

Talk about a backward way of doing it!!

Thanks again Vig, much appreciated.