UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

What Are People On This Site

I am just curious because i have notaced that many people on this site know as much as i do. As a result i got curiouse im only a 12 tear old kid but how many people on this site are historians

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like toying with the minds of my friends by using advancec words and historical refrenses that they dont understand i tell them what it means after a few minnutes of seeing them try to guess.

I am not a historian. My profile can be summed up like this-

24 year old heterosexual male student living in the UK. 176cm, 79kg, athletic. I enjoy painting, jogging, reading, and drinking at weekends. I am currently single.

That's the basic info anyway.

Historian by training (or so my degree says) and fanatic by nature.

The only major difference I've seen between a "trained" historian and a fanatic is how primary and secondary source material is viewed and used. Fanatics seem to give secondary sources more weight than historians.

However fanatics may have more knowledge on a particular subject than an historians does (provided it isn't the historians forte). Historians also seem to have an easier time saying "I don't know" and "I could be wrong," provided it isn't in their area of expertise.

Have fun and keep your interest.

My college degree is in political science and liberal arts. My current occupation is customer service drone to a highly incompetent if refreshingly laid-back company.

History is nothing but a lifelong hobby, with some connection to personal and religious concerns. It keeps me sane and grounded. Although I probably have nothing on some of the hardcore SCA types I have met

I'm a 17 year old high school student from New Zealand currently studying Classical Studies. I am deeply interested in the subject and plan to do a BA majoring in Classical Studies next year. I'm definitely not a professional historian at the moment but one day I hope to be! :blink:

I am 15 year old student in Hawaii. History is a hobby of mine I will probably go to college for it.....though I would perfer a much simplier task:Sheep Farming. Future Historian??? Pah I don't think I sit down and write a history book for hours on end....what I like to do with history is still down with people and discuss it, or educate them in matters relating to it. I love to read history books but I doubt I have the paitnece to write one. Maybe in my older years, but I prefer to make history and have my name written down in the history books for doing something good for people. Or bringing back something to help people, something that people will remember me for. I know sounds kinda big!

I would like to major in World History and maybe Minor in Classical Studies and Celtic History.

:blink:

Zeke

Zeke wow you are only 15? I seriously thought you were older...I'm 17 myself lol.

I plan on being a blacksmith though realistically right now that will probably be a "make money on the side" kind of thing (i never could decide on ONE job to have...I wanna do it ALL!! lol)

17 year old, intend to join the militairy for a few years (probably as paramedic or something) once I've upgraded my education a bit. I would like to dedicate some years of my life to history and archeology. Will need an moderate income first though :blink: Considering to invest with my future paycheck.

Hey Demson, a good combination a friend of mine did for awhile was using his nursing degree and anthropology training to work on archeological digs.

Seems that being a medical professional with appropriate history/archeology/anthropology credentials is a ticket to far flung digs if you are willing to travel.

Just a thought....