UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Pyramid Found - In The Heart Of Bosnia!

In terms of age, isn't the Sphinx supposed to be even older than the pyramids? I remember reading a theory years ago, based on the weathering / erosion of the surface of the Sphinx, that this monument may be over 10,000 years old.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of age, isn't the Sphinx supposed to be even older than the pyramids? I remember reading a theory years ago, based on the weathering / erosion of the surface of the Sphinx, that this monument may be over 10,000 years old.

You're probably thinking of the theory developed by Robert Schoch and John Anthony West. You can read a nice dispute here.

You're probably thinking of the theory developed by Robert Schoch and John Anthony West. You can read a nice dispute here.

Thanks, Moonlapse. That was indeed interesting and I was sure at the time that the evidence pointed to a probably much later date but I am always willing to keep an open mind provided conclusive evidence is obtained. Right now, after reading a little more, I think the theory does not have much merit as it is always difficult to estimate the precise age through weathering, etc. A logical mind would point to a much later date.

I'm very skeptical on the age of the so-called Bosnian pyramids and as one archaeologist speculated, it could be Europeans at a much later date with a fascination for Egyptian pyramids who may be responsible for its construction. At any rate, there is a lot of wild speculation going on, which may be good for the tourist trade but little else. Look at the Roswell myth and how much tourism it has generated for an obsure desert region. I think people want to believe in aliens, the miraculous and other "out of the world" phenomena. It is inherent in human nature to want to believe in something superior, I guess.

Edited by Skarr

ok now tell me if there is a pyramid under the surface who do you think build them....eventhough there are made satellite pictures and discovered that this is not a natyral mountain and that is something underneath

?????????

Relax, all we are saying is that it is unlikely that they built pyramids that long ago. This maybe some form of erosion, we don't know. Written records of life started in the 'stone age' era in Mesopatamia and Egypt. Of that the first ever records were around 7,000 years ago. On that you can also point out that the Eastern world at that time was 2,000 years ahead of the European population.

There is also speculation as to who had built those. All other pyramids built around the world have a definite nationality building those. For example the Peleponesian pyramids built in Greece had to obviously built by a Hellenized culture. What about the ones built in Bosnia and Herogovina? Could Illyrians have built those, at this point we do not know. There are no remnants that can point out even the slightest of clues.

It's interesting topic, I will try to look into. Right now though it is beyond speculation to me, since there is no form of concrete information.

Formal excavations at the Archeological park: Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun site will start in April and continue to October 2006. The following archaeologists confirmed their participation in the expert teams: Mrs Grace Fegan, a leading Irish archaeologist, Mr Royce Richards, an experienced archaeologist from Australia, as well as archaeologists who graduated from the University of Insbruck (Austria), Glasgow (Scotland) and Ljubljana (Slovenia).

There is no such person as Royce Richards. Grace Fegan is a real archaeologist. There is a Richard Royce, but I don't know his credentials or experience. It would be nice to find out who really is working there.

Guest mlitster

Formal excavations at the Archeological park: Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun site will start in April and continue to October 2006. The following archaeologists confirmed their participation in the expert teams: Mrs Grace Fegan, a leading Irish archaeologist, Mr Royce Richards, an experienced archaeologist from Australia, as well as archaeologists who graduated from the University of Insbruck (Austria), Glasgow (Scotland) and Ljubljana (Slovenia).

There is no such person as Royce Richards. Grace Fegan is a real archaeologist. There is a Richard Royce, but I don't know his credentials or experience. It would be nice to find out who really is working there.

Yes there is, I studied with him at Flinders University. He recieved his undergraduate Bachelor of Archaeology in 2004, he is now completing a Masters in Journalism and works for the Department of Environment and Heritage in Adelaide.

I wouldn't say he is an 'experienced' archaeologist, but he definetly exists...

The Bosnia-Atlantis Connection

Frenzied reporting of supposed pyramids in the Balkans ignores the truth and embraces the fantastic by Archaeology.org

Excellent link, Viggen. I like to keep an open mind but the facts seem to be against the theory that these "pyramids" in Bosnia pre-date Egypt. The excerpts from that Houston based Bosnian contractor's (not archaeologist, as he likes to call himself) book are very revealing indeed. I'm going to take whatever "findings" that are published by him with a large handful of salt.

Edited by Skarr

Yes there is, I studied with him at Flinders University. He recieved his undergraduate Bachelor of Archaeology in 2004, he is now completing a Masters in Journalism and works for the Department of Environment and Heritage in Adelaide.

What I find hilarious is that most of these half-baked 'Bosnian Pyramid' websites report that he's Austrian!

I don't believe a word about this bosnian piramids. How will a primitive neolitic group build such large and many pyramids.

To build something that large with little tehnolgy you needs lots of people. Where could someone find in the middle of a mountainous region so many people?

Why would someone build pyramids in the middle of a mountain range where nobody could see them? Those at Gizah are on a high platform overlooking the Nile. They are highly visible and not overshadowed by anything.

Thanks.

So there's a Royce Richards? As well as a Richard Royce? It is really confusing, as both names are used in various articles, and Austria is sometimes substituted for Australia.

http://allaboutbosnianpyram.blogger.ba/arhiva/2006/04

". Participation has been announced by following archaeologists: Mr. Richard Royce, experienced archaeologist from Australia, together with graduate archaeologists fro Universities of Innsbruck (Austria), Glasgow (Scotland) and Ljubljana (Slovenia)."

http://www.kakanien.ac.at/weblogs/imagines...9788/index_html

"Participation has been confirmed by the following archaeologists: Grace Fegan, a leading Irish archaeologist, Royce Richards from Austria, together with other archaeologists from the University in Innsbruck, Glasgow and Ljubljana."

But of course, neither of them may be in Bosnia, the names were of people who might participate.

It would be nice to get in touch with Grace Fegan.

Doug