UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Apology Of The Crusades

Philhellene

It is testimony to the strength of imperial rule in india that only two regions broke away (pakistan and Bangladesh).

Broke away?

I was under the impression that the British themselves carved that up when they left to keep the Muslims & Hindus from falling into civil strife?

It was the Paki leader who wanted a separate Pakistan (east and west).

Yes it is Jinnah who bears responsibility for this

Right , now back to the mastodon: so you are apologising to an alien race who have re-animated our mammoths in order to brain-implant them , and send them out to variously trample and gore any surviving humanoids? I feel that the Martians should apologise to the Killer Cyborgs. Any Martians here?

I apologize for being ill informed about the 20th Century politics of South Asia... ;)

and I apologize for being the only one in this thread still apologizing.

I accept your apology. And apologise that you are the only person so doing.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize for being ill informed about the 20th Century politics of South Asia... ;)

and I apologize for being the only one in this thread still apologizing.

I didn't apologize and I don't apologize for not apologizing!

Thanks Pertinax. I forgot Mohammed Ali Jinnah's name. Wore a cool hat with his suit and tie. I apologize for my Early Onset Alzheimer's.

A golden Roman as to the first man who uses the word 'apologize' four times in one sentence.

Non Britons may be most interested to know the improbably salacious ( but likely correct) gossip that The Viceroy of India , his Lady Wife and Mr Jinnah were rumoured allto be very close friends.. And I dont mean they had tea together. So the Viceroy and Mr Jinnah both had a small part in the process.

Non Britons may be most interested to know the improbably salacious ( but likely correct) gossip that The Viceroy of India , his Lady Wife and Mr Jinnah were rumoured allto be very close friends.. And I dont mean they had tea together. So the Viceroy and Mr Jinnah both had a small part in the process.

My Dear Gracious Pertinax:

Are you implying that they 'knew' each other in the 'biblical sense'?

In the unlikely event that you are not, then I apologize to you and all, Brits in particular.

Not a flattering likeness I must say, at his best he looked like a debonair Bond villain from early 1960's Istanbul.

I regret to say that the (widely and gleefuly) rumoured liaisons of the three parties were of a Biblical Nature.

Not a flattering likeness I must say, at his best he looked like a debonair Bond villain from early 1960's Istanbul.

I regret to say that the (widely and gleefuly) rumoured liaisons of the three parties were of a Biblical Nature.

Do you think that there might have been a less, shall we say, 'explosive' result had the art been practiced with the IRA?

Although I too was greatly discommoded and shocked at the event, I can't bring myself to apologize for the IRA's nefarious practices. Nor the Brits.

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Shocking! No wonder we lost the empire with that sort of thing going on. I mean to say, with a native chap too. Disgraceful. None of that sort of thing going on in my neck of the woods I tell you. We play with a straight bat, no funny business.

Are there any picyures do you think?

I believe their are illustrations in the well known book " A Back Passage to India" . -_-

Thre are rumors of a film "The Empire Strikes Back" ,as well.

Edited by Pertinax

I apologize for my distant ancestor Vlad the Impaler (aka as Dracula) for implaling 20,000 turkish prisoners of war which in turn sickened Mehmed II (the conqueror of Constantinople) while he was marching on Vlad's capital city and was forced to turn back because of the awful stench.

I apologize on the behalf of Dracula, he didn't mean it.

Edited by tflex

I apologize for my distant ancestor Vlad the Impaler (aka as Dracula) for implaling 20,000 turkish prisoners of war which in turn sickened Mehmed II (the conqueror of Constantinople) while he was marching on Vlad's capital city and was forced to turn back because of the awful stench.

He couldn't help it. He didn't know any better. Andronikos I of Constantinople set the example, impaling the Turkish troops who had taken part in the revolt at Nikaia and Prousa in 1183. What could poor Vlad Dracul do but follow this example?

I therefore apologise on behalf of Andronikos, just in case he was my ancestor.

Don't you dare apologize for me! It's my business and was my pleasure! :huh:

My Lordship,

Count Dracula

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Apologize for what wiping out my culture. The cruscades were not holly wars and what the Christains did were indeed barbaric. But when the Muslims invaded my homeland of Egypt I'll never forget what they did to the Christians and what they are doing now. We either had to pay heavy taxes, be killed if not converted, or go to southern Egypt to live the rest of our lives. If you want to apologize for the Muslims maybe they should come out from heiding and apologize first!

And Gaius Octavius you're right maybe you guys should learn about their horrors, before you learn about ours. Just because you guys lived in Northern Europe, it is easy to forget but around here it isn't! So before you apologize for us learn the history, everything happens for a reason and as they say, 'an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Rameses the Great