UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Apology Of The Crusades

Philhellene

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Christian Lebanese myself, to prevent our extinction, we fought for 15 years against local muslims who allied with the Palestinians and Syrians to wipe us out. We resisted, but payed a heavy price in terms of human life. I'm proud of it and I'm proud of the crusades before us, they were righteous. Barbaric acts were commited on both sides, thats what happens in wars.

"it is better to die on your feet , than live on your knees" . Amen to that. (Zappata).

I shouldn't worry about it, it's an easy mistake to have made given that English isn't your first language.

I am, just a kid I am really emberassed now.

No apology necessary, kid. ;)

Most Americans can niether read, write nor speak English. A 'certain party' manages to mangle the language daily. He has degrees from Yale and Harvard. Since he won't, I apologize for him. :D

Thank you very much, I'm still in high school. Obviously you can see that English is not my strong point. But I like you guys because we all share the common bond of loving history.

P.S. Gaius Octavius thank you, if you've noticed I always agree with you. You usually in my opinion are right. ;)

Edited by Rameses the Great

I should apologize to Dickens for my strong dislike of him but I won't apolgize because of my strong dislike of him.

Vlad Tepes impaled lots of turks, but also many romanians, bulgarians and germans.

As a revange, his brother Radu the Beautifull was impaled often by Mehmet II Fatih. Speak of decaDance. ;)

I should apologize to Dickens for my strong dislike of him but I won't apolgize because of my strong dislike of him.

Vlad Tepes impaled lots of turks, but also many romanians, bulgarians and germans.

As a revange, his brother Radu the Beautifull was impaled often by Mehmet II Fatih. Speak of decaDance. ;)

My Dear Kosmo:

How many times could Mehmet impale Radu? Or are you speaking of the 'Biblical' sense? ;)

Oh no not the "cities of the plain " again. All you Proustians know what I mean.

Edited by Pertinax

Sodom and Gommorah , yes? ;)

a biblical reference of course to their "unpardonable activities" , and also the the title to one of Marcel Proust's volumes in "A la recherche" -for reasons that are fairly obvious after the first page or two.

Edited by Pertinax

Dear Octavianus

The story of young Radu the Beautifull it's about those biblical cities of the plain.

After he got older he was sent by his friend to rule Valachia. This made angry his neighbour from Moldova, Stefan The Great, that had hired Vlad's gipsy impaler, so Stefan invaded Valachia defeated Radu and captured his daugther that, after he got the divorce from his preavious marriage, he married. This romantic chap did never apolgized for this.