UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Latin Translation

deusvitae345

Translate into english

Pluto dixit: Dominus populi magni sum. In Erebo habito et inferos rego. Clarus canis Ceberus terminos terrae meae defendit. In agris Tartari viros malos pono et in silvas Elysi viros bonos mitto. Poenas nuntio et praemia dono. Ad siciliam ubi pulchra Proserpina habitat equos meos agam. In carro meo filliam deae ponam et tum excedemus. Num probatis? Causam meam agam. Proserpina amo. In Erebo regina erit. Magnus deus sum. Nonne grata esse debet?

Edited by deusvitae345

Look, it's a straightforward job. My Latin's extremely rusty now but I can get the gist without effort.

You'll have a vocabulary in the back of your textbook. Use it.

Really though, what does it profit you to have someone do this for you?

Hints:

sum= I am

Cerebrus is the name of Pluto's pet doggy.

Edited by Furius Venator

Look, it's a straightforward job. My Latin's extremely rusty now but I can get the gist without effort.

You'll have a vocabulary in the back of your textbook. Use it.

Really though, what does it profit you to have someone do this for you?

Hints:

sum= I am

Cerebrus is the name of Pluto's pet doggy.

Thx, now im gonna fail my final. Look can u at least im Philman1001 so we can talk this ova

Edited by deusvitae345

Thx, now im gonna fail my final.
No one here is responsible for completing your personal assignments. I certainly hope you don't find an easy answer to this so that perhaps you'll learn something about your education, effort, responsibility and how they all are all tied together. My suggestion? Hit the books and focus on learning and completing, instead of asking people to do it for you.

Just from a few minutes with online Latin dictionaries I can gather that the beginning is something roughly to the effect of, "Pluto said: Lord of many people I am. In Erebo I possess and bring rule..."

I'm sure you can figure it out with some effort and persistence. I have absolutely no education in Latin and I can get the gist of the sentences.