UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Emperor's Words Cause Controversy

Horatius

And now a nun has been murdered in Somalia by one of these practitioners of the religion of 'peace'.

The West Irian massacres were and are a fantasy. That the Ecumenical Patriarch may not parade in clerical garb is a matter of religious freedom in Turkey. In Egypt, it is legal for a person to be prohibited from converting to Christianity. In Saudi Arabia, the sight of a Cross is legal. And, of course, in all other lands, the 'Religion of Peace' is illegal and thus prohibited.

It is accepted that the '9/11' events and the other murders in Spain and Britain were a matter of freedom of religious expression.

As Gaius is generally in error, he must now admit that his understanding of the word 'controversy' does not mean civilized polemics.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that you have completely misunderstood my prior post. :whistling:

To address (and not to debate) a point in your last paragraph above, a person has the moral 'right' to kill an assailant in the case of rape, if that transgressor does not desist.

To go on about the Papal argument would seem to me to be redundant.

Whenever the Moslems become the majority in an area they want to rule it with a theocracy, abuse women, and chop off the heads of anyone who disagrees with them. All of us in the civilized west need to be alert and watchful. The next century is going to get very interesting.

A short while back, on a small Caribbean island, they were a plurality and attempted to establish a Moslem theocracy.

Hey look, now they are burning pope dolls and German flags. The pope's apology didn't mean nil. Oh, they also appear to have called some more jihads on everybody. Better keep the football handy... :hammer:;)

On which Carribean Island did they try to set up a theocracy? Do you know?

The whole situation is just so messed up. The Pope calls them violent so in retalliation they commit arson and murder?! And even worse, the first pope in nearly a thousand years says something I agree with, and then he goes and recants. If only the pope would have recanted the Filoque instead.

Some questions that need answered:

Was Islam spread by the sword?

Yes, even in Mecca Mohammed was rejected and as he left he gained worshippers and armies. As he spread his influence through most of the Arabian Peninsula he marched on Mecca. He captured the city and then told his men to capture more. Even though the Muslims gave reprieve in a 'nonbeliever's tax' most were not rich. So as a result what happens? People were either to convert or be put to the sword.

Areas such as Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, etc were never Arabs but now they refer to themselves as Arabs because they made them lose their identity. Only places such as Iran and Turkey who resented foreign rule were able to keep their customs. Even Gauls, German, and others kept their customs and identity.

Also a Jihad had loose ends. If needed defend your religion from any foreign rule. So when Hezbollah attacked Isreal how was that in defense? When they want to set up theocracies and declare a Jihad on defenseless suburban Hindus how is this defense? For even Budhism and Hinduism believe in peace something not relevant in Islam.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth is not a good premise to pass off an alleged 'religion of peace.'

On which Carribean Island did they try to set up a theocracy? Do you know?

Don't remember.

The whole situation is just so messed up. The Pope calls them violent so in retalliation they commit arson and murder?! And even worse, the first pope in nearly a thousand years says something I agree with, and then he goes and recants. If only the pope would have recanted the Filoque instead.

Now, why should the Pope do such a thing?

He missed only the odd detail, Van Gogh's beheading in Holland and Enslavement/persecution in modern Africa.

Thanks Washington Post, you summed it up pretty well...

cheers

viggen

Krauthammer often strikes me as a bit of a right-wing nutjob but he always seems to make a decent point or two. In this case a lot of points.

Edit: I've been to the Middle East several times in both war and peacetime. Frankly I've nothing good to say about Islam as it's practiced today. It's a religion that empowers rage-filled males to express themselves in violence and is envious of any other culture who shares a different religious background. It's never reconciled itself with science or reason as Christianity was forced to do around the 17th century.

The subjugation of women is the hardest part to deal with. It isn't just common, it's the standard in any predominately muslim country I've visited with perhaps the exception of western Turkey and a few neighborhoods in Baghdad and Cairo.

Granted, getting shot at, mortared and fired upon with RPG's then raining steel on them or having IEDs explode around my convoys by some of these guys may cloud my POV.

Edited by Virgil61

The Crusades were wars. The Christians gave what they got and what was given their co-religionists everywhere the moslems soiled the earth. That sheik in saudi arabia is an ignoranus. Three Christians were executed in indonesia, but the Bali houri's children still live. During WWII the grand mufti of Jerusalem sided with Hitler and thought that killing Jews was a mercy. The ones in the U.S. are just biding their time.

A long time ago, these practioners of peace abducted a couple of Russians in Beirut. The KGB knew who they were. The KGB got one of the leaders relatives and performed an operation on him. They left the testes in a place where they would be found. Russians released.

Edited by Gaius Octavius

A long time ago, these practioners of peace abducted a couple of Russians in Beirut. The KGB knew who they were. The KGB got one of the leaders relatives and performed an operation on him. They left the testes in a place where they would be found. Russians released.

As reported by dhimmiwatch three Coptic girls were taken and made Muslims. A Muslim militant stormed a church and killed a man in Alexandria with a sword. New attacks on Catholic churches in Lebanon are beeing harassed by bomb threats and actual bombs.

Men are killed everyday because they refuse to convert to Islam. Maybe not in large metropolitan areas but in desolate isolated areas this is done and covered up. Muslims storm churches and homes and the government does not bother to do anything. Not to long ago Muslims killed 23 men, women, and children in a church in the Suez canal.

If these intense Muslims sought peace they should look toward peace intead of a Jihad. Attacking churches is not self-defense. That like saying, 'we preach peace but if you don't believe us you will be terminated.'

Can someone please use your heads? :mellow: