UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Cookie Woes?

For the last couple of days when visiting the site from both my home and work computers I've had to log in everytime (regardless that I have the remember me box checked) and often when I just open up a new page while navigating the forum.

I have not changed any of my own security settings.

Is anyone else encountering this problem?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing here , stable for last 48 hours.

For the last couple of days when visiting the site from both my home and work computers I've had to log in everytime (regardless that I have the remember me box checked) and often when I just open up a new page while navigating the forum.

I've had the same problem. It's irritating, no?

I've had the same problem. It's irritating, no?

Clearly it must be originating from within the forum itself.

I've also had the same problem with the forum. It keeps logging me out when I look at some pages. A while ago I had the opposite problem - I would log out when I left the site and when I would come back I would still be logged on. I contacted Viggen about the problem and he suggested I selected the delete cookies option at the bottom of the page.

I have also run Virus and Anti-spyware scans on my computer and nothing has come up so it must be a problem with the forum.

I've also had the same problem with the forum. It keeps logging me out when I look at some pages. A while ago I had the opposite problem - I would log out when I left the site and when I would come back I would still be logged on. I contacted Viggen about the problem and he suggested I selected the delete cookies option at the bottom of the page.

I have also run Virus and Anti-spyware scans on my computer and nothing has come up so it must be a problem with the forum.

DC do you remember any pages in particular causing this?

I'm not sure which ones but I am sure I've had problems with the Glory of the Army folder. Then again this problem seems to come and go..one day it works fine, the next I have little troubles. There are other times, such as a few weeks ago that I could barely go on the site as pages took a long time to load.

It's much better today. Should I report any problem to this thread if I encounter something in the future? (saves on having to send PMs to the site adminstrators).

There is a new security patch that we have to download, maybe after that it will all settle down...

(personally, i dont have any issues with cookies)

btw., when reporting bugs it might help to mention, Operating System and Browser (including version), to maybe spot a pattern...

cheers

viggen

Works fine on my computer, at least it did, but as soon as I moved over to my friend's house (house sitting) I have this problem. Figured it was something to do with their security settings and ignored it lol.

My computer is Firefox, this computer is IE.

Try this:

Logout.

When you are logged out, go to the forum index. Right above the Board Statistics block is a link, "Delete cookies set by this board". Click it.

The page will reload and you should still be logged out. If you are magically logged in again, you need to manually delete all your UNRV cookies. You should try this if you have login problems anyways.

Delete IE cookies.

Delete Firefox cookies.

The cookies may be under unrv.com, .unrv.com, or www.unrv.com. Either way delete them.

Login, making sure 'Remember Me' is checked. Close your browser, open a new browser window and see if you are logged in.

Let me know how this works.