UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Happy Columbus Day

Ursus

Here in Baghdad-By-The-Bay, we used to get Columbus Day off. Some businesses still take it off...but most haven't since I was a wee lass. However, since I don't teach on Mondays, it's still not a big deal work-wise!

As for personally...I'm having linguine with pesto, as is my personal tradition. :rolleyes:

Columbus Day? Oh yeah, our school does not even acknowledge the event. Why am I not surprised, during an ice storm we had a full school day.

Some school board member needs a slap in the face, if you know what I mean. :rolleyes:

Oh sure, it's fun to wake up to hear that the fracking N. Koreans detonated their little nuke.

They just did that to do distract us from the Foley scandal.

And it sure is a perfect distraction from here till election day for the Republicans. Now I'm just waiting to see how the Democrats will act.

What a pointless holiday on so many levels.

Hey now.

On St. Patrick's Day, the world is Irish for the day.

On Cinco de Mayo, the world is Mexican for the day.

And on Columbus Day, the world is Italian for the day.

Hmmm. Maybe we Italian Americans can come up with a better namesake for a holiday in our honor. Why not a day named for Garibaldi or another of the heroes of the Risorgimento, the struggle to unite Italy.

Edited by Ludovicus