UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

split from senatus consultatem

I'm glad this rule was brought in. It was reasonably interesting to compare rather different forces for a time there, but after a while it just got monotonous.

Yes yes yes. Even the Phalanx V Legion thread is getting tiresome.....but at least it relates to Rome. Versus threads just seem to go on and on.

• 1 month later...

Oh the orc thing? I was just hinting that it was Legions versus anyone or anything .

• 2 months later...

Guys why do you hate hypothetical questions so much its what we like and you guys seem to hate it. Guys these questions we history dorks love, so stop hating it so much please.

P.S. Ursus nad Germanicus thanks for tolerating me so much you guys are great and have a lot of interesting stuff to say.

Guys why do you hate hypothetical questions so much its what we like and you guys seem to hate it. Guys these questions we history dorks love, so stop hating it so much please.

Because the the threads in question were starting to become rather ridiculous. Romans versus Native Americans, Romans versus Mongols, Romans versus Han Chinese, etc. As this is a Romanophile site anything that falls outside the Roman Empire is off topic (which includes Native Americans, Mongols and Han Chinese).

A Hellenic phalanx is reasonably related to the Roman Empire, so such a thread is on topic. However, as Germanicus said, old timers know the particular subject has been done to death around here. Even the hardcore military buffs were growing tired of it.

You are welcome here, but please abide by the forum guidelines. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

i have to say that is a fair rule completely, but........

evry once in a while you have to let someone think what it would be like to take the helenistic phalanx against the might of sauromans(please exuse my spelling of his name) might and dreaded halforc-goblin army.

that would honsetly be a good thread to read ;):P;)

• 2 months later...
you have to let someone think

No problem here Brotus, think all you want, just don't make a thread about it.

Wow! You better watch out, this cat has got claws! :unsure:

Regretably the "versus " threads have been done to death , so if it looks like reasonable comparisons of Roman "time frame" combat types are being transcended then the thread will be locked or dispatched to "after hours".

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

but just think thhough u got for instance you got hannibles(please excuse my spelling) army and the samnites verse oh lets say the rohirrim and the haradrim(the evil men that ride the auliphaunts in the two towers and also in the thrid book too)that would be a good battle(since both are of the same carachersiticts and all :lol::lol::D:P:P:huh:

but just think thhough u got for instance you got hannibles(please excuse my spelling) army and the samnites verse oh lets say the rohirrim and the haradrim(the evil men that ride the auliphaunts in the two towers and also in the thrid book too)that would be a good battle(since both are of the same carachersiticts and all :lol::lol::D:P:P:huh:

Eh tu Brute? I rather think that is why so many people have developed apoplexy over this particular "dynamic hypothetical interface".

Seriously: please avoid "matches" that have no congruity in terms of epoch or proximity.As has been said Phalanx versus Legion is acceptable for debate .

ps: I see Brutus is in Birthday mood!

but just think thhough u got for instance you got hannibles(please excuse my spelling) army and the samnites verse oh lets say the rohirrim and the haradrim(the evil men that ride the auliphaunts in the two towers and also in the thrid book too)that would be a good battle(since both are of the same carachersiticts and all :lol::lol::D:(:P:huh:

Eh tu Brute? I rather think that is why so many people have developed apoplexy over this particular "dynamic hypothetical interface".

Seriously: please avoid "matches" that have no congruity in terms of epoch or proximity.As has been said Phalanx versus Legion is acceptable for debate .

ps: I see Brutus is in Birthday mood!

and i was in a birthday mood i was great that day and u lost me at Eh tu Brute please explain ur words for a simple person like my self(no mean stuff intended btw) and way if u could just explain what ya mean that would be great