UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Calling all UK residents...

Virgil61

Yep - unfortunately that was for real. Jade Goody has been foisted on the British Public as a 'celebrity' on the back of a downmarket TV programme called 'Big Brother'. The basic theme of that programme is thus: 12 unstable, slightly dim, sometimes vulnerable people of dubious educational level are selected by audition, and placed in a confining environment over a period of several weeks. The British public then derive 'entertainment' from the antics of the inmates, whom the programme delibrately provoke into atrocious displays of egocentricity, bullying and occasional sexual fumblings. Occasionally, one of the inmates is quite intelligent and perhaps attractive. Needless to say, they usually find themselves at the receiving end of shameful acts of bullying and even racist abuse.

Unfortunately Jade Goody, a brash, materialistic waste of DNA with a lot to say about F*** all, has become a celebrity due to her coarse, vulgar and distasteful posturing. She now has several million pounds in her bank account, largely because millions of my fellow Brits sit glued to this televisual junk and regard it as exciting. I feel genuinely saddened and a little scared that this kind of garbage is at the top of our TV ratings.

Edited by Northern Neil

Yep - unfortunately that was for real. Jade Goody has been foisted on the British Public as a 'celebrity' on the back of a downmarket TV programme called 'Big Brother'...

We've had Big Brother here in the US, it's run several seasons I believe. I admit to an initial fascination with some of these shows in terms of sociological and anthropological interest; ie how humans postition themselves in interpersonal politics, but after the first season or two of Survivor (American version) I think the learning curve has dropped off drastically. We act more like bonobo monkeys than we'd ever care to admit.

Still, as jaw-droppingly stupifying and hilariously ignorant as she comes off in that video, Ms Goody is dumb as a fencepost. Er, my apologies to fenceposts.

Edited by Virgil61

JEFF BRAZIER.

HE IS FAMOUS FOR BEING jADE gOODY'S EX.

I'd rather die on a cross.

Yep - unfortunately that was for real. Jade Goody has been foisted on the British Public as a 'celebrity' on the back of a downmarket TV programme called 'Big Brother'. The basic theme of that programme is thus: 12 unstable, slightly dim, sometimes vulnerable people of dubious educational level are selected by audition, and placed in a confining environment over a period of several weeks. The British public then derive 'entertainment' from the antics of the inmates, whom the programme delibrately provoke into atrocious displays of egocentricity, bullying and occasional sexual fumblings. Occasionally, one of the inmates is quite intelligent and perhaps attractive. Needless to say, they usually find themselves at the receiving end of shameful acts of bullying and even racist abuse.

Unfortunately Jade Goody, a brash, materialistic waste of DNA with a lot to say about F*** all, has become a celebrity due to her coarse, vulgar and distasteful posturing. She now has several million pounds in her bank account, largely because millions of my fellow Brits sit glued to this televisual junk and regard it as exciting. I feel genuinely saddened and a little scared that this kind of garbage is at the top of our TV ratings.

One of the fairest, most accurate descriptions I've heard of BB and Ms Goody :blink:

I think the Red Cross should airlift Jade Goody to the Arctic and drop her in an Eskimo village. Her ass alone could feed those poor, freezing Eskimos for MONTHS. ;)

-- Nephele

I haven't been watching this series, although I have seen the news reports about racist bullying in the show.

I had to laugh when she said:

"Hows comes eskimos haven't turned into icey-cubes? like...ice...ice people."

That is strange enough, but the end part where she asks if eskimos will ever become extinct and "where do they live?" is even bizzarer. Yet the one that tops that is when she asks if Eskimos talk like dolphins. She's like a female version of Karl Pilkington from the Ricky Gervais Show.

I see that you are a devotee of my brother, Basil Fawlty! ;)

Actually a 'fence post' has more sense than that broad. Helps to keep proto- humanoids from falling off the edge of the Earth. I think that dumber than a bag of hammer heads is more appropriate.

:(

televisual

I see that you are a devotee of my brother, Basil Fawlty! :(

Ah yes! The penny has dropped! Episode 2, with the spoon salesman!

It turns out that Goody has now made a tearful TV appearance in which she says she is disgusted with herself. Yeah! fearful for her career more like. I think the rest of the inhabitants of that Big Brother house should be disgusted with themselves, too. Aparantly, not one of them stepped in to oppose her bullying. It really is time for this programme to be axed.

Edited by Northern Neil

Nephele , I think you are unkind to feed Jade's deriere to the poor Icey-peoples. The high lipid fat content and stupidity genes would only hasten their extinction.

AA Gill wrote a penetrating piece about the show here, this is the best piece I have seen in the press:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2558005,00.html

"Nothing is as indestructible as stupidity"

"No-one ever lost money underestimating the taste of the general public" (PT Barnum?).

N.N., I hope that Mr. O'Reiley isn't fixing up Viggen's place. :lol:

Wish you guys lots of luck with your meeting. Difficult to pull it off in the USA because of the distances. Hope that all y'all have a secretary who will report the goings on to us unfortunates.

:ph34r:

:ph34r: , but anyway.

Between 'Fawlty Towers', 'Black Adder' and 'Are You Being Served', they didn't miss casting aspersions on any person, place (especially Scotland) or thing. I don't think that anyone, even the Royal Family, could have taken offense. It all was done perfectly with that Brit genius and sang froid. The writers know how to use language. Quality!

I finally realized that the Cap't Black Adder series is really an anti-war series.

I ask any, and all, if there were only four Black Adder series?

:lol:

Yep - it does we Brits good sometimes (when we get superior over our actors and dramas) to remember that we are responsible for producing the sad apology for humanity that is Jade Goody! :ph34r: Thankfully, I can hold my head up high and say that I do not watch this pile of excrement. However, she has managed to gt a foothold into other TV shows due to her 'fame' on Big Brother. This is the way to fame in the UK lately, folks. Forgive my bluntness but to gain a TV career now, one only has to throw ones ignorance into the nation's face, or failing that - shag David Beckham!