UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

European Terror Alerts

Julius Ratus

A quite brilliant post, Julius! I love it - and it gave me a real boost today, after I went helter skelter down my icy garden path in a fair imitation of a slalom skier. :( I am nursing a sore coccyx! :ph34r:

The British are also feeling the pinch in relation to recent bombings and have raised their security level from

:ph34r: I loved that the first time I read it in e-mail. The original author left out my New York City though (which I count as a nation unto itself):

New Yorkers took a break from arguing over what to build on Ground Zero when it was announced that the city's terror alert level had been elevated from "WTF?" to "Seriously Cranky". Emergency Starbucks have been added as a protective measure against a collapse of the city's infrastructure due to New Yorkers not getting their cups of cawfee. If conditions persist, the alert may even rise to the catastrophic, last resort level of "Make Eye Contact".

-- Nephele

Can I add a serious note to this fun thread? After reading all the intense jibes on the Rome and USA thread, isn't it good that we can add a corrective like this, whereby we can all laugh at ourselves? It used to be what Brits and Americans were famous for. Let us revive it!

And now, I shall climb down off my soapbox and weep tears of joy over all my brethren from both sides of the Atlantic, across Europe and beyond, and even on the furthest reaches of Jupiter. :P

You know - I am not a Christian or any other sort of god-botherer - but some of what that dude said made sense..... Instead of highlighting our differences, why not rejoice in our similarites? :)

Lets leave the Germans out of this - their contribution to the war on terror has been profound. When we went into Afghanistan, the Luftwaffe flew their first sorties outside Germany for 60 years. Its just a shame they were half way to Coventry before they realised they needed to turn round! :P

Lets leave the Germans out of this - their contribution to the war on terror has been profound. When we went into Afghanistan, the Luftwaffe flew their first sorties outside Germany for 60 years. Its just a shame they were half way to Coventry before they realised they needed to turn round! :lol:

:lol:

J.R., how many friends did you say you HAD?

:D

Can I add a serious note to this fun thread? After reading all the intense jibes on the Rome and USA thread, isn't it good that we can add a corrective like this, whereby we can all laugh at ourselves? It used to be what Brits and Americans were famous for. Let us revive it!

And now, I shall climb down off my soapbox and weep tears of joy over all my brethren from both sides of the Atlantic, across Europe and beyond, and even on the furthest reaches of Jupiter. :D

You know - I am not a Christian or any other sort of god-botherer - but some of what that dude said made sense..... Instead of highlighting our differences, why not rejoice in our similarites? :D

Amen :drunk:

On a side note: when do the Italian-American populations start saying "eh, ma va, fuggedabawdit" and continue with the :D? Is that before or after the raid?

Can I add a serious note to this fun thread?

:wub: You CAN, but you MAY not! :P

Did all y'all know that the hoople who invented the color alert system in the US, is color blind? B):)

:ph34r:

Edited by Gaius Octavius