UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Consul!

Gaius Octavius

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear nothing but fluff...one who is wise knows the metal that everyone else is made of. Don Tomato knows what makes a good sauce!

So you want a saucy man to lead your army? :ph34r: It's ok I respect it...Roman. :romansoldier:

Edited by Rameses the Great

Unfortunately, you're a consul living in the imperial era under the reign of his Lord Majesty and Dominus Viggen.

Under the Triumviri, actually (and their duly designated legates).

But we honor the Consul for financing the forthcoming writing contest and for his other savory contributions to the imperium.

Just don't kill Cato, G. Octavius. While he clings to outdated Republican scruples, he is perhaps the most active patrician around. The Senate would seem empty without him.

Just don't kill Cato, G. Octavius. While he clings to outdated Republican scruples, he is perhaps the most active patrician around. The Senate would seem empty without him.

Nah, I wouldn't order that done. We are friends. But, just in case he really ticks me off, P.N. Severus and J. Ratus are sharpening axes and swords. I am also keeping a sharp weather eye on :wub: DoL and that :mummy:.

BTW, AoS :romansoldier: , Cos., will need some lictors.

G.O., Cos.

The consul made a nice donation for the intelectual elite of SPQR, but we the plebs would also like some bloody games and something fancy to eat. And of course some money... gold coins will do.

You're the consul, it's your duty to make us happy. If you can't afford gladiators use your lictors!

Kosmo, are you threatening the sacred person of the Consul? :D Have a care, lest P.P. agentes in rebus lay hands on you! :thumbsup: Gold, games and goodies - all in due time - if you're a good lad. :lol:

G.O., Cos.

Done in the Year of the Consuls G.O. & AoS, at the Castle in the Province of Brookfordshiresexingham.

Edited by Gaius Octavius

I am rapidly coming round to the republican point of view. Cato has at least one Centurio as his ally...

My, my - It appears I am now a Primus Pilus! With an entire Milliary cohort behind me! Cato now has the support of 960 prime legionaries. Not to mention the support of the entire 15mm scale city of HOMVNCVLVM, West Brigantia ( of which, if you didn't already know, I am the Guv'nor).

Edited by Northern Neil

My, my - It appears I am now a Primus Pilus! With an entire Milliary cohort behind me! Cato now has the support of 960 prime legionaries. Not to mention the support of the entire 15mm scale city of HOMVNCVLVM, West Brigantia ( of which, if you didn't already know, I am the Guv'nor).

Being the Imperially appointed Gov of the territories of Tankograd and Magnitogorsk I will feel free to bring my 15mm toys into the fray as well. :rolleyes:

SBX06b.jpg

If you can't afford gladiators use your lictors!

I am seconding this motion! :ph34r:

:mummy: -- Your offer of Egyptian bellydancers is tempting (one of my friends from the 101st Airborne spent some time in Egypt and said the girls there are 'quite friendly' :lol: ). But, as a Varangian Lictor, my loyalty is unshaken.