UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Forum downtime

I'm not sure how long the site was down, but according to the technical support folks with our server hosts it had something to do with some sort of Apache process that was overloading the CPU.... blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Apologies for any inconvenience. Hopefully Moonlapse can figure out if there is anything we can do for prevention.

Cheers!

I'm not sure how long the site was down, but according to the technical support folks with our server hosts it had something to do with some sort of Apache process that was overloading the CPU.... blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Apologies for any inconvenience. Hopefully Moonlapse can figure out if there is anything we can do for prevention.

Cheers!

I still think somebody crossed the streams. Crossing the streams is bad.

I've been getting e-mails about it this morning, and I just automatically tell people: "Don't worry -- Moonlapse will fix it!" :ph34r:

-- Nephele

I have a very bad feeling that this is all related to other server load problems we are having, and we are going to have to move to a dedicated server in the near future. It's a positive sign of growth of course, but the extra cost is a little hard on my miserly mentality :ph34r:

Well, if you've got to take up a collection, I'll throw some denarii into the pot.

-- Nephele

I have a very bad feeling that this is all related to other server load problems we are having, and we are going to have to move to a dedicated server in the near future. It's a positive sign of growth of course, but the extra cost is a little hard on my miserly mentality :ph34r:

Well, if you've got to take up a collection, I'll throw some denarii into the pot.

-- Nephele

Just make out a check payable to cash and send it to me. I promise I won't use more than I need*.

* need is entirely subjective and your definition of need, things like general sustenance, shelter, etc., may not match mine... big screen HD DLP televisions, a catapult, a new ridiculously high end computer, a complete historical library, a new wardrobe, a Dodge Viper, a cannister of dry roasted peanuts, etc.

-- Nephele

Just make out a check payable to cash and send it to me. I promise I won't use more than I need*.

* need is entirely subjective and your definition of need, things like general sustenance, shelter, etc., may not match mine... big screen HD DLP televisions, a catapult, a new ridiculously high end computer, a complete historical library, a new wardrobe, a Dodge Viper, a cannister of dry roasted peanuts, etc.

Ha! See how much of that you can buy with Nephele-minted denarii! :furious:

-- Nephele

Ha! See how much of that you can buy with Nephele-minted denarii! :ph34r:

-- Nephele

Do you mean like ... this?

So you went Viper, and not 'Vette? I'd rather have the 'Vette, personally. Besides, with the strike going on at Chrysler, you won't be getting a Viper any time soon.

(ok, so in reality I'd go Lexus or Porsche...but when in Detroit...)

So you went Viper, and not 'Vette? I'd rather have the 'Vette, personally. Besides, with the strike going on at Chrysler, you won't be getting a Viper any time soon.

Yeah, I know, but I come from a loooooong line of folks who worked at Chrysler. I have to feed their ridiculously un-affordable pensions by buying Dodges and Jeeps until the end of time... or I'll be stuck footing their retirement bills myself :ph34r: