UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Fifa World Cup 2010

Viggen

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England doesn't have a chance in Group C against the upstart Yanks. That's right, prepare to be shamed by the complete indifference of the American public. I blow my nose at you, you silly English kniggits!

I'm going with Spain for the championship because since nobody in Spain has a job, they can bus the entire population to South Africa and make it seem like a home crowd.

:pokey:

For patriotic reasons, I'll go with Brazil.

I thought this was the most popular sport in the world? I guess the English are too busy dumping oil into the Gulf of Mexico to respond.

We're just supporting our Nigerian brothers as American oil companies have been using their seas and rivers as a dumping ground for years.

Solidarity!

(but as an FYI, it was the negligence of a Transocean crew on BP owned rig that caused the accident. Its kind of like if you rented out your house and the tenants smashed the place up, set and fire to the garden fence and didn't pay their council tax - all that would be your responsibility. Same situation with Deepwater Horizon - though no one wants to report that because it doesn't make as good a story).

Cheers

Russ

I thought this was the most popular sport in the world? I guess the English are too busy dumping oil into the Gulf of Mexico to respond.

We're just supporting our Nigerian brothers as American oil companies have been using their seas and rivers as a dumping ground for years.

Solidarity!

(but as an FYI, it was the negligence of a Transocean crew on BP owned rig that caused the accident. Its kind of like if you rented out your house and the tenants smashed the place up, set and fire to the garden fence and didn't pay their council tax - all that would be your responsibility. Same situation with Deepwater Horizon - though no one wants to report that because it doesn't make as good a story).

Cheers

Russ

I thought it was George Bush's fault. Shows what I know. :(

Solidarity!

Cheers

Russ

Royal Dutch Shell it's doing most of pollution in Nigeria and it's an anglo-dutch company. Solidarity indeed!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/05/opinion/...html?ref=global

I could bet that Brazil will win again but I really hope somebody else, from Europe, will. I have to see the teams playing to pick someone too root for.

I could bet that Brazil will win again but I really hope somebody else, from Europe, will. I have to see the teams playing to pick someone too root for.

What happened to Romania this tournament? As I recall they had a fairly good team, though rather old already 4 years ago... perhaps it's the dreaded "rebuilding" issue?

(Forgive me though. I try to pay attention, but my knowledge of international football is rather limited)

What happened to Romania this tournament? As I recall they had a fairly good team, though rather old already 4 years ago... perhaps it's the dreaded "rebuilding" issue?

(Forgive me though. I try to pay attention, but my knowledge of international football is rather limited)

*cough* Austria was one of the reasons, Romania didnt go to South Africa, not that it helped us in any way...

hahahhahah, you have no idea

dont click at work or if you are below 18 or if you are a prude

cheerleaders in germany

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/119487/best_...s_in_the_world/

hobby club and apparently they haven`t lost a game ever since they introduced their special cheerleaders

Yes, Romania needed to change it's players, but it does not look like the younger ones are very good. We will see...

hahahhahah, you have no idea

dont click at work or if you are below 18 or if you are a prude

cheerleaders in germany

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/119487/best_...s_in_the_world/

hobby club and apparently they haven`t lost a game ever since they introduced their special cheerleaders

They win because the opposing team is busy ogling at the cheerleaders!

I hope England win of course. But if not, as someone notes above, it'd be great to see anyone other than the usual suspects win the thing. The Euros have been great the past two tournaments with Greece winning and perennial chokers Spain finally getting their hands on a major trophy. For neutrals, its just boring when either Argentina, Italy, Germany or Brazil win. Again. So if not England, it'd be great to see a Holland or one of the African nations lift the cup.

Team to watch out for I think is the USA. For England in the opening game, its a potential banana skin and I really think that USA will win that game. The USA team is hugely underrated - they beat Spain in the Confederations Cup not so long ago and were unlucky in the final against Brazil. I've just checked their odds and they're 80/1 to win the thing, so I'm going to put a tenner on each way. I think that they'll get through the group and they've proven in the Confederations Cup that they have the stones for tournament football - once into the quarters, its a lottery and I think that the US will surprise everyone. Except in America, where few will care about it, which is a shame, but there you are. I guess its the one sport where the girls want to sit down and watch and the guys all complain and want to turn the channel over.

Cheers

Russ