UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Fifa World Cup 2010

Viggen

This is going to be a great final of a very good World Cup. I liked all semifinalists but I cheered for the Dutch and the Germans. No matter who wins now because they are both teams that play beautiful football and deserve to finally get the cup. Finally some variation!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That octopus better stay far far away form me, it's clearly his fault that Germany lost and I'm not happy about it!

Even though I'm quite indifferent as to who will win on Sunday, I'll be following Paul's predictions closely tomorrow... :P

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/octopus-o...ion-464700.html

According to Mani, the parakeet, The Netherlands will win on Sunday...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0070900580.html

Let's see if Paul confirms Mani's prediction. :D

I'm not a soccer fan. In fact, I'd rather watch two men fish than watch the World Cup finals.

That said, I'm hoping the best for the Dutch team. The Dutch have a long history of conflict against Spain. Fortunately, the Dutch prevailed in their war against Spain in the 1500s-1600s. Had the Dutch lost, Europe today might be like the modern Middle East, plagued with religious and racial hatred and violence. They won, however, allowing the first modern nation republic to survive. Hopefully, they will be successful, again.

Ironically, I was in Argentina in 1978 when Argentina played the Netherlands in the finals. My brother was in the Netherlands with the US military at the same time. Neither of us could have cared less about the finals (although I'm sure he attended better parties in Holland than I could in the military junta-ruled Argentina). :D

guy also known as gaius

Ik hou van Amsterdam.

Edited by guy

I watched of course yesterday's match of Germany vs. Uruguay although it was just the match for the bronze medal. But Octopus Paul had predicted this victory. For today his tip is Spain, what I believe, too. But who knows, this World Cup was so full of surprises, maybe the Netherlands win in the end ;-)