UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

What Are People On This Site

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 33 years old with 3 children married to a Roman enthusiast/amateur archaeologist. We are currently running our local Roman history group with big ideas for the future if we could get some serious money together.

Hey Lost warrior....don't you wish sometimes that Guilds were still around and everything wasn't mass produced. So you could be a black smith???

I think the whole Guild idea is much better then this Mass production crap we have now-a-days.

Zeke

Hot iron makes me drool...ok i realize that could have been taken the wrong way but...don't you just love the smell of hot metal, the feel of the hammer in your hands...and the look you get from people when they see you with that only-to-be-found-in-an-iron-shop black dirt all over your face? :o

I don't really know much about guilds...i think there are some still around after a fashion...i guess it depends on the factory and depends on the guild.

Hey Demson, a good combination a friend of mine did for awhile was using his nursing degree and anthropology training to work on archeological digs.

Seems that being a medical professional with appropriate history/archeology/anthropology credentials is a ticket to far flung digs if you are willing to travel.

Just a thought....

I'm really relying on Drusilla for a future in archeology. If it doesn't work out - I will probably go into journalism (recording history on the run ;) ).

I'm not sure which direction to go in archeology as well as history in general. I've noticed the Celtic archeology is going through some interesting stages, so I might go into that direction.

One of my strongest skills is analysing. With the uncovered manuscripts in Egypt and (in the future) Herculeaneum, I xould have an interesting future in that direction too.

Thanks for the advise though, I definitally have to consider it.

I'm a 19 year old student (currently trying to get a degree in foreign languages) and I also work as a webmaster/webdesigner for a small company. What else..I have a natural inclination for mediocrity and one of my hobbies is making fun of italian politicians =)

history for me is somthing i plan on doing as a career and a hobby. I regard myself as a self made genious ( exept for in spelling that is :D ) and for me although i invint and wright fiction and non fiction books i find that they all revert back to history no matter how hard i try to keep rome out of a book i always seem to make the book about rome things i invint because history has expanded my imagination. I love history because all tings scince or not has to do with history. Now that i think history isnt a hobby a career or an intrist its a life style. One that i try to intill in every on i come in contact with.

I actualy plan on getting a docterins degree. I allready have a colledge piggy bank as i call it. But i also realize that i wont have enouph money for it so i have a plan i am a writer and an invintor i plan on getting patents on all of them and getting my books published all at once to get a small head strt i know not all invintions make money but my books are just ass good as tolkin himself and so i will hopfully get some extra money and i may even try for a scolership

I mean this is the best possible manner, truly. Before talking a novel you may want to work on that grammar, sentence structure and spelling. I am not making fun, its intended as constructive. I understand your young age and admire your zeal, but to accomplish some goals there must be other achievements along the path.

I relaize what you are saying i do not bother on scentence structure on a casual thing like this but im still not grat at it spelling has always been the f on the report card. I already have novels written and hidden away unntill i decide to publish them. What i do is just write them to the best of my ability untill its finished then i actualy have my dad go through and fix spelling and puntuation mistakes thanks for the concern though

I can't speak for everyone here, but I think that to some people, this board is NOT a casual thing. Please keep them in mind when you write. ::laughs and points at her own words:: I even use capital "I" for this board! :D

I beleave freaking out about tiny details on your writing is dumb unless it is a very important things and i type what i think i dont think capitals and periods although i ususaly add periods. see theres one over there to the left of this scentence thers one after this word to. but i seriously think of this a a converstaion on aol with a slow computer

As a writer, I feel that writing (spelling, grammer, etc.) is very important. I am quite bothered by the lack of respect given our own languages. Alas, perhaps I'm a dinosaur.

PS. I am not saying I don't make mistakes (far from it), but I generally try to express myself correctly.