• Scottish
    • African
    • Jewish
    • Other (what is it)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an American mutt, with ancestors from Germanic speaking regions, various Celtic countries, and at least one Native American tribe. Possibly other things I'm not aware of. Ethnic heritage has never been a critical part of my identity. I internalize cultural paradigms rather than ethnicities per se.

My mother's family is Northern Italian, so while I say that I'm Italian-American, in reality who knows how much of that bloodline is Roman, Celtic, Germanic, etc.

My father's family is typical American mutt, too, heavy on the German and British Isles.

I'm an Australian mutt, with ancestors from Germanic speaking regions, various Celtic countries, and at least one Native Australian tribe. Possibly other things I'm not aware of. Ethnic heritage has never been a critical part of my identity. I internalize cultural paradigms rather than ethnicities per se.

I just substituted Australian for American in Ursus answer....and it worked !

From a swedish family since generations. I know I have some german relatives too, but thats maybe 4 generayions ago. Most proboably, my family was danish before 1658.

Anlge, Saxon, Celtic, Norman, Nordic, Roman. Haven't a clue, there have been too many invasions of my little country.

Hmmm.

Father's side, old line American mutt (family traced back to 1694 entry in tithing ledgers in Mass.), with all kinds of northern European mashed together.

Mother's side, Russian from Pyatigorsk. (She didn't go home after WWII)

But, due to my age group and regional influences here in the states, ethnicity didn't matter as much as skin color when I was growing up. In that respect, I'm a bit on the pale side but tan up nicely in the summer. ;)