UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Music Videos

Yeah Youtube is amazing (or illegal? LOL)

I dont know any other place where you can find brit classics like Who are you by the Who (yup, in case you didnt know thats CSI`s theme song), clips of one of the most influential pop groups of the 20th century (not according to me but basically every music historian you will ask) Kraftwerk, just look at this

at a time were there was hardly a computer around.

Heck, you can even find a clip of my hometown icehockey team coach going ballistic in a live! interview on austrian television with about 30 times the word "F***" LOL, a crazy mix of german and english hehe, and yes he was upset... (nevertheless we became the same year austrian champion)

cheers

viggen

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL :D I thought that coach was going to thump somebody :P .Why's he speaking two languages?i've noticed the actors doing that in Bollywood movies,there speaking in urdo (or some other Indian dialect) then they sprout of a few lines in English :blink: why?

Does anyone like the Zutons?they've just released there second album (Tired of hanging around) i love it!

Valerie

Its good this Youtube,i found Creep :) ,Radiohead used to rock my world :D .

Im getting old :( can you remember This?

Edited by longbow

By the by, since some of us are posting stuff that they seem to like or have liked, I just wanted to clarify that the videos I am posting are intended to be completely absurd :( Didn't want people to think I'm jumping around here in my office doing the Safety Dance. :blink:

On that, what video tribute would be complete without visiting Wesley Willis

These are not "official" videos, but the music is definately 'The Wesley Willis Fiasco'

The second song includes one of the great lyrical expressions in human history... Tell your barber that you're sick of looking like an asshole.

get this..."give me a ceegar" -xlnt parody..hmmm slightly adult content,give it a minute before parody goes wild.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S-Ffj_PSMY...=elevation%20u2

Edited by Pertinax

just resting brain whilst writinga review...

"When Beakers Attack"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW6rPnRBWjo

and Foghat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JuM9YFqII4

Swedish Chef and Beakers, it doesn't get much better than that! Bork, bork, bork!

Urski durski , yar ing de flin de yammer yammer.

How about the very first video ever to appear on MTV.

The Buggles... Video Killed the Radio Star

I remember watching this as a little feller huddled around the television with a gaggle of other neighborhood kids. What a wasted moment of my youth. hahahaha.

OK, I've been making fun of stuff so here's probably the first song that I can remember banging my head to, from the band that shaped the musical genre that I belong to. Valhalla I am Coming!

Immigrant Song

And look at this early live performance. Though Jimmy Page surprisingly seems to have a little trouble with it.

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

I love Robert Plants lyric for Babe i'm Gonna Leave You:

'Baby i'm gonna leave you' 'Babe i don't wanna leave you'

Bloody hell, make your mind up!

I was going to say a concise point, but i've forgotten what I was going to say...oh yeah, ZEPPELIN RULE!

Well, I found a couple time wasters from my younger days:

and

(From The Commercial Album where all 40 some songs are no longer than 2 minutes...most barely 90 seconds)

Sidenote: I love the Residents and have their albums from Third Reich and Roll and the Commercial Album to their last covers. Keeping with the Rome theme, here's Constantinople *Warning has male animated nudity* :)

this may not translate transatlantically as it is from transylvania, but no transvestites are involved televisually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdh4Ezcpf6A

why! its the Damned!

Edited by Pertinax

this may not translate transatlantically as it is from transylvania, but no transvestites are involved televisually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdh4Ezcpf6A

why! its the Damned!

The Damned, good band. Well if it's old school you want then let's not beat around the bush:

Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the UK

The Ramones - Loudmouth (1975 tour video)