UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Ways To Learn Greek

If you've been with her three years and only know a few phrases of her language, you're a male chauvinist ...

I find this highly insulting and hope the moderators can deal with this attack appropriately. Perhaps next time you can actually enquire into the situation instead of mouthing off insults to people you don't know and know nothing about. For me, Mr. Dalby, I refuse to converse with you any longer.

Oh yeah no doubt about it, it is the first language to experiment with vowels. Beta is actually pronounced veeta and so on. Greek is much more difficult than Latin. Since Latin is much closer to English than Greek, I kind of picked it up easier. I don't know Latin but the vowels and pronunciations are much easier. Although all of Latin is from Greek. Whenever I saw someone spell a word in the SCRIPPS national spelling bee the etymology would go Greek to Latin.

In mea sententia

Well, actually, Greek is easier than latin. Greek is confusing sometimes but its rules are straightforward. As for Latin, since has some close relationship with Greek, it developed more complications. There are so many irregular things and rules. Not to mention, the constructions sometimes can be really difficult. Lastly, Latin has lots of versatility since you can write in so many styles with your own preference, eg Julius Caesar, Cicero, and other writers have their own style and adjusting is kind of hard. Also, the endless uses of the ablative really kills while Greek doesn't have it because it uses the accusative more.

I did not know that being called "male chauvinist" it's an insult. You can call me like that anytime :P

Of course, I'm also a feminist as I like girls that earn their living.

If you've been with her three years and only know a few phrases of her language, you're a male chauvinist ...

I find this highly insulting and hope the moderators can deal with this attack appropriately. Perhaps next time you can actually enquire into the situation instead of mouthing off insults to people you don't know and know nothing about. For me, Mr. Dalby, I refuse to converse with you any longer.

I think there may be a misunderstanding here. Judging from the fact that Mr. Dalby has never 'attacked' anyone, its very possible that he's joking or ribbing you. You may want to talk to him directly, perhaps through PMs, to get a better understanding of his intentions. If you're still unsatisfied, let us know.

Only just seen this, QVS. No insult was intended, and I'm sorry you took it so.