UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Is Jesus Really God From The Beginning

The Jewish carpenter Jesus who become the Christ. ( the annointed )

True God and Jesus are diffrent from Jewish point of view and belief.

God who created all things has no beginning.He is everlasting to everlasting.

"Before the mountains were brought forth,or ever You have form the earth and the world.Even from everlasting to everlsting.You are God."( Ps 90:2 )

Jesus came from God.

"Jesus said to them,"if God were your Father,you would love me, for I proceeded forth and came from God,nor have I come of myself , He sent me". ( Jn 8:42 )

God is Immortal.

"Now to the King eternal,immortal,invinsible,to God who are alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever,Amen. "( I Tim 1:17 )

Jesus Christ died on the cross.

"So when jesus had received the sour wine.He said "It is finished" And bowing his head .he give up his spirit ,...But when they came to Jesus and saw that he was already dead,they did not break his legs.

( Jn 19:30-33 )

The Almighty God neither grows tired nor weary.

"Have you not known? the everlasting God, the Lord. The creator of the ends of the earth.neither faints nor is weary.His understaning is unsearchable" ( Js 40:28 )

Jesus Christ wearied or grow tired.

"Now Jacob's well aws there, Jesus therefore being wearried from His journey , sat thus by the well."

( jn 4:6 )

God is spirit, without flesh and bone.

"God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth". ( Jn 4:24 )

"...A spirit does not have flesh and bone as you see I have". ( Lk 24"39 )

Jesus Christ is a man havin flesh and bone.

"Behold my hand and feet,that it si I Myself. Handle Me and see,for a spirit does not have flesh and bone.

( Lk 24:39 )

"But now you seek to kill Me,a Man who has told you the trurth which I heared from God..." ( Jn 8:40 )

i will try to add some entry later.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first started going over it, the individual points started sounding like an argument for Islam:

The indivisibility of God, Jesus being a man not son of God,...

It doesn't have to be an arguement for Islam. It was actually an early Christian arguement. Most scholars agree that the Gospel of Mark was written in this way, i.e. the Adoptionist view. Most notable is the lack of a nativity scene in Mark which in Matthew and Luke signify Divine Birth. Traditionally, according to this view, Jesus was adopted when he was baptised by John the Baptist.

It was actually an early Christian arguement. Most scholars agree that the Gospel of Mark was written in this way, i.e. the Adoptionist view. ...

Hmmm, that didn't occur to me immediately. Guess my degree emphasis is showing. ;)

Back to the books.

Interesting thread. The idea of immaculate conception has always baffled me, considering the nature of the Christian God and the physical nature of conception.

I suppose its a pre-requisite in order to consider Jesus as Holy in the Judaic sense.

The Immaculate Conception actually refers to Mary being born without sin. The idea is that no sinner could give birth to a perfect man. But about Jesus being born of God, look no further than Zeus to figure out where they got that one from. Isn't it odd that it is missing in Mark?

And further remember that Jesus was only made God by a vote.

When I first started going over it, the individual points started sounding like an argument for Islam:

reply ; i was born in a place with both Muslim and Christian religion, and i happen to belong to what the Muslim called Christian people.

pompeius magnus post say's , This could get ugly.

reply ; i hope not and all comment are still civil. most regular members argue with reasonings.

Q Valerius Scerio post say's, And further remember that Jesus was only made God by a vote.

reply ; in Council of Nicea at the time of Emperor Constatine.

P.Clodius post say's , Jesus was Caesar . reply ; yes, He was given the Lordship for the Christian Church he founded.

God knows no other God besides Himself.

"Do not fear ,nor be afraid. Have I not told you from that time, and declared it? You are my witnessed. is there God besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock ; I know not one." ( Is. 44:8 )

Jesus Christ called upon the Father and acknowledged Him as the only true God.

"And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying.... "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me." ( Mk. 15:34 )

"Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said " Father, the hour has come,...And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." ( Jn. 17: 1, 3 )

God is above all; He is subject to no one.

''One God and father of all, who is above all, and through all, all inyou all." ( Eph. 4:6 )

Jesus Christ, the Son of God , is subject to God the Father.

"Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all."... "But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of every woman is the man, and the head of Christ is God." ( I Cor. 15:28 , 11:3 )

note: Scripture qoutation are from The New King James Version.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So is the Jesus Christ you know... is really the same with the Biblical Jesus?

The Apostle already forewarn.

Make sure that your knowledge about christ is right, lest you be among those who the Bible forewarn would be deceived and doom for believing in a "different Jesus" or "Jesus whom the apostles did not preach.

"But I fear that somehow you will be lead away from your pure and simple devotion to Christ, just as Eve was deceived by the Serpent.

You seem to believe whatever anyone tells you , even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different Spirit than the one you recieved, or a different kind of Gospel than the one you believed." ( II Cor. 11:3-4 NLT )

"But even if we are an angel from heaven should preach a Gospel other than the one we preach to you , let him be eternally condemned!"

( Gal. 1:8 NIV )

• 4 weeks later...