UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Pyramid Found - In The Heart Of Bosnia!

Video of pyramid

Warning, large file:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JigXhEZRuE&search=piramida

And if you think the comments you hear express disappointment, I'm told you're right!

Doug

For some reason something tells me that unearthing a pyramid in the hills of Bosnia is just plain stupid.

Edited by Rameses the Great

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't scientists and archaelogists use carbon dating to determine how old something is? How the heck did they come out with the 12,000 year old theory? I mean if they're going to make something like that up, they should at least do it more professionally.

Also, someone mentioned Al Jazzera was backing the story, in my book that automatically disqualifies the whole pyramid thing as pure propoganda and a sham. No disrespect to Al Jazeera, but I have to give credit where it's due, they are always so consistent and extraordinarly efficient in reporting lies...

100 metres high? are they mixing up the natural formation of a hill with a Pyramid? Maybe they also think UFOs built it.

All that soil must have magically fought the natural principles of erosion to cover the pyramid with a thick enough layer to support a forest.

Not to mention, it rains in that region a lot more than your average place.

Edited by tflex

British expert nixes Bosnia pyramid claim

A British archaeologist on Friday rejected claims that a hill in central Bosnia is a man-made structure that many local residents insist is a pyramid. Professor Anthony Harding, who is president of the European Association of Archaeologists, visited Visocica hill and said the formation was natural. "Not any evidence at all has been found" to support the claim the site would be an archaeological site, he said.

more at news.yahoo

What a great day out with the kids. :(

I now realise I have discovered several pyramids.They are called "rocks" in Britain.

UNESCO team to probe Bosnia's "ancient pyramid"

Mon Jun 5, 2006 1:36 PM BST6

SARAJEVO (Reuters) - Bosnia's mystery pyramid will now be probed and inspected by a team of experts from the U.N. Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.

"We shall send a UNESCO expert team to Visoko to determine exactly what it is all about," UNESCO Secretary General Koichiro Matsuura said in an interview published on Monday in Dnevni Avaz newspaper.

Amateur archaeologist Semir Osmanagic has caused a stir with his find, although local and European archaeologists denounce it as nonsense.

Geologist Aly Abd Barakat, an Egyptian researcher sent by Cairo to assist Osmanagic's team last month, has said that the Visocica hill did appear to be a primitive man-made pyramid of uncertain age.

Barakat said huge stone blocks found on the three sides of the hill used the same type of artificial cement used in ancient Egyptian pyramids.

Osmanagic's team is also investigating the Pljesevica hill -- which he calls the Moon Pyramid -- as well as underground tunnels he believes connect three pyramids.

The researchers have also found a sandstone monolith in the underground tunnel with enigmatic symbols engraved on it, which will be sent to Egypt for analysis.

Osmanagic, who studied pyramids in central America for the past 15 years, said that satellite and radar analyses have revealed the perfect geometry of Visocica and precise alignment of its sides with four cardinal points.

Its entirely possible that ancient people recognized the shape as a pyramid, considered the place sacred, purposely build tunnels and some external decoration, etc. But how can that hill possibly be man-made?

Here's what I think will happen, they will continue to find artifacts and such - exactly as people do all over Europe - and attribute every find as evidence that humans built an unbelievably huge pyramid there. Absolutely nothing they have found so far can objectively prove that those forest covered mountains were built by stone age humans.

The claims are ridiculous, but what really blows my mind is that people just suck it in and fuel a hoax-based tourist economy. Actually, I guess it really doesn't.

But how can that hill possibly be man-made?

Must be space aliens then... (why is it always 'space' aliens? Are there earth aliens do you think?).

Where's von Daniken when you need him? He'd have this little mystery solved in a trice...

Surely nobody can believe that hills occur naturally? Particularly not ones made of rock and covered in trees. Maybe Slartibartfast made them as a warm up for Norwegian fjords.

Maybe Slartibartfast made them as a warm up for Norwegian fjords.

:D

Seriously though, a few points:

Osmanagic, who studied pyramids in central America for the past 15 years,

and wrote a book about the Mayans coming from outer space around the Pleiades...

"We shall send a UNESCO expert team to Visoko to determine exactly what it is all about,"

Yes, because Osmanagic is possibly about to tear up sites legitimate to UNESCO's interests

Amateur archaeologist Semir Osmanagic

He is a general contractor from Huston, TX (ex-pat Bosnian) and a psuedoarchaeologist at best...

"Most psuedoarchaeologists are like harmless fruit flies and when you swat them away they just come back with new outlandish theories. Not Osmanagic, he's like a termite..." - Archaeology Magazine