UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

English Football Season

I see our friends from across the pond have started a thread about American Football(how you can call it football i'll never know? :P ) so i thought we in England should have our say on "the beautiful game"

I for my sins am a Leeds United fan :frusty: with nothing to look forward to at the moment, it'll be a few more years before we're back in the big time where we belong, i'm just waiting for a Russian billionaire to come along and do a Chelsea on us :D

What about you guys??

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal will finish the job this year!

It's not been such a good start for the gooners, only one point from the first two games, already eight points behind the scumbags from Manchester, think they need to get thier fingers out :D

Hartlepool united for me :D we have the grand total of two points from five games!We did manage to beat the mighty Burnley in the cup though :P .

L

Hartlepool united for me :D we have the grand total of two points from five games!We did manage to beat the mighty Burnley in the cup though :D .

L

Alas you did :thumbsup: . You smote us mightily.I just hope we stay in the championship.

Ok, I used to watch footie more often in the past--I had digital cable, which had a Euro Football channel (I could keep tabs on Serie A easier). I'm so lost as to who's doing what anymore...where would you guys recommend catching up on the footie world? Is there a site that you all recommend?

Ok, I used to watch footie more often in the past--I had digital cable, which had a Euro Football channel (I could keep tabs on Serie A easier). I'm so lost as to who's doing what anymore...where would you guys recommend catching up on the footie world? Is there a site that you all recommend?

Here's a couple

premierleague.com

leedsunited.com

Edited by Gaius Paulinus Maximus

For a little while, I liked this guy who was from Newcastle...and so I watched the team, too. Sheeeeeesh...I'm already an SF Giants fan, as well as a Boston Red Sox aficionada...I don't need another *ahem* team like that.

Could it be the guy on the left? Universally acknowleged to be the greatest practioner of the beautiful game that has ever lived. Unfortunately he played a wee bit too long, which hamstrung the team a little. Then we get the guy on the right, but he proceeds to hamstring himself, so it's not looking great this season.

Shearer_Owen_26890a.jpg

Edited by Princeps

It's not been such a good start for the gooners, only one point from the first two games, already eight points behind the scumbags from Manchester, think they need to get thier fingers out :lol:

Oy! Please watch the language, they are saints :D

Edited by tflex