UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Authorisation mismatch error (cookies)

Testing to see if I have a problem using Mozilla Firefox.

Check, 1, 2 ... Check, 1, 2

(Edit: To quote Borat, "GREAT SUCCESS!")

Edited by G-Manicus

The site keeps forgetting me, does it all the time, been like that forever. I normally just log on again and don't think about it.

(Firefox)

The site keeps forgetting me, does it all the time, been like that forever. I normally just log on again and don't think about it.

(Firefox)

Do you know if you asked Firefox to remember you?

I used to get the "authorization mismatch" thingy all the time when I used IE, but since I've changed to Firefox it's never happened ........so far!

The link for deleting cookies provided by Moon also helped a great deal.

I'll have to emphasize here that your browsers may have multiple sets of UNRV cookies, such as unrv.com, .unrv.com, or www.unrv.com. Any left over cookies will interfere with the cookies that you are trying to use to remember your login. You can have hundreds or thousands of cookies, so it may be hard to find every instance in the long lists.

(Firefox)

Do you know if you asked Firefox to remember you?

Yes I did. How ever it's not a problem for me, it was more meant to inform the Triumviris if there is a database error or something. It's actually just making me remember my password and that's a good thing.

I've made some changes to the cookie configuration for the forums. Everyone will be forced to do a login to create the new cookie, but hopefully its should solve a few problems. *fingers crossed*

If not, then it has to be a browser problem (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc).

Seems to be working now for me! Thanks Moon! :thumbsup:

-- Nephele

Well, the only thing I have noticed is that I've been able to be logged in on two different PCs today - work and home. That doesn't usually happen. If I log in at work, I am never automatically logged in at home and vice-versa. (I tend not to log out at home) This isn't a problem though. In fact, on one of my other Forums I am always logged in on however many machines until I physically log out.

Well, the only thing I have noticed is that I've been able to be logged in on two different PCs today - work and home. That doesn't usually happen. If I log in at work, I am never automatically logged in at home and vice-versa. (I tend not to log out at home) This isn't a problem though. In fact, on one of my other Forums I am always logged in on however many machines until I physically log out.

That's one of the things I've changed about how cookies are handled, and it may have had something to do with why some people always had to log in.